“Fun Monday night music trivia.”
Review of The Buena Vida - CLOSED

The Buena Vida
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I went here last night after closing down the Cigar Bar down the street. This place used to be "The Wet Spot", but the new owner changed the name. There is a DJ there on Monday nights that is running music trivia for the customers to play. It was a blast!! I have not played that game in years and he was playing a lot of 80's music that I could relate to. There was a fun crowd in here and we were all having a great time. There is also an ATM inside an enclosed booth inside of here. I went back today to get some more money and decided to eat lunch while I was there. Angela was my waitress and she is a sweetheart. I ordered the lunch special of the day, which was a fried chicken breast sandwich with home fries. The chicken sandwich was excellent and I had them make my home fries into chili and cheese home fries. The food was great and the prices are fair. I will be heading back there again soon for some more great memories.

TheBuenaVida, Owner at The Buena Vida, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Kyle, thank you for the great words! Yea, everyone really loves Music Trivia Monday. Glad you enjoyed a number of our menu items as well. Everyone really adores Angela too, she is a keeper. Look forward to seeing you again next time you are on the island.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The restaurant is right in the heart of Westend. Everyday for lunch they feature a $5 divers, blue plate special that is always delish. At night they have sushi,wonderful sandwiches and new to the menu is their fried pickles which are yummy. Gret food and value is very good. Cold beer too and nice service with a smile.

T, thank you for your continued support. The $5 (100 lps ) lunch specials have been a hit and we look to continue to keep it fresh and new as the months go on. I am glad the fried pickles meet up to expectation, they are becoming very popular. Hope to see you guys soon!

Reviewed August 25, 2013

The food is decent; I enjoyed the Fish Tacos & my Mom enjoyed the Cobb Salad. The restaurant offers daily lunch specials in addition to their regular menu. The service, however, is really slow. The restaurant's slogan is something like: "we get you your food fast so you can get back in the water." We were on our lunch break from Dive School and decided to stop in because we thought it would be quick and easy, but the service took way longer than expected and we ended up being late for class.

MWE, thank you for your feedback and also answering the additional questions we had about your experience. We have addressed the issue with the staff that was on that shift and it is always our hope that we get better because of it. In any event, Wendy is back from her visit back to the States and I am close to being fully recovered (after 5 weeks) from the dengue that had me out of action. With us being back to being on site we hope to prevent experiences like yours happening again anytime soon. Again our sincere apologies and please say hello to Columbus for us as I grew up in Toledo, lived in Columbus f(Westerville) for a bit and still have some family there. Hopefully we can meet someday if you plan a return trip back to Roatan.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

We ate at Buena vida for lunch and dinner while we were in Roatan and had two great meals. The lion fish piccata was one of my favorite meals of the entire trip! Their lunch specials are filling and tasty and very reasonably priced. We also stopped in on Monday night to play music trivia. While we lost by one point, we had a great time and enjoyed the drink specials!

Rebecca, thank you for the very kind words. Glad to hear you enjoyed our food especially the Lionfish. Serving Lionfish is very important to us (and every other restaurant here on Roatan) because, as you may know, they could destroy our eco system by eating the coral and eating other fish, a lot of other fish. Outside of man they have no natural predator and quickly reproduce. Glad you enjoyed Music Trivia Monday, it is a blast for all that play (and for us too)! Look forward to serving you on a return trip to Roatan.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Joe and Wendy are super friendly hosts and obviously expert restauranteurs. The fare is some of the most reasonably priced and well prepared food on the island. We especially enjoyed the breakfast - chorizo biscuits and gravy! - and the lunch specials.

TheBuenaVida, Owner at The Buena Vida, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Marco, thank you for you kind words! We are humbled by all of the great feedback we have received. We are very passionate about what we do and it is our hope that it translates through our staff as well, and if not, the beatings will continue :-)... Again, thank you for your patronage and we hope to see you soon on the island!