“Out of the ordinary experience”
Review of Scuba Roatan - CLOSED

Scuba Roatan
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Scuba Roatan prides itself on providing professional service sprinkled with a generous amount of personal attention. Scuba Roatan is a new dive shop by name here in West End, however, it's definitely not new to the diving scene in Roatan. Owner Rino Jackson is a second generation local divemaster/instructor with over 7000 dives on the reef and still gets excited each and every time he heads out into the blue. Scuba Roatan is a small shop that specializes in small groups and a family friendly atmosphere with completely customized service.
Reviewed January 4, 2014

My husband and I are two seniors who have little ocean experience but have had learning to dive on our bucket list for some time. After a rather unsuccessful attempt in another part of the world, we decided to give diving one more try. Right from our initial email communication with Amanda, Scuba Roatan took care of us perfectly. We got personalized instruction from all the team but especially from Francios, the dive master. His attention to detail, his understanding of our needs and his patience, were all exemplary. We attribute our success directly to the care and attention we received from Francois. However, the positive reinforcement and enthusiasm from everyone at the shop really helped to build our confidence. We valued the extra assistance that we got from Juvini, the boat captain and the informative chats that we had with Anders, the assistant dive master. Even when we weren't diving, we enjoyed hanging out at the dive shop. Rino and JD's sense of humor helped to make us feel like part of the family.
There are many dive shops in Roatan, but if you want a first class diving experience choose Scuba Roatan.

2  Thank sanjuansandy
There are newer reviews for Scuba Roatan

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We visited Roatan on a cruise and were in port on Christmas Day. Amanda was very gracious to accept our reservation even though it was a holiday. She was very good with the email communications and arranged transportation for us at a group rate. We completed a Discover Scuba course and had a great time. We had newbies and more experienced folk in our group and all were shown the attention and care that were needed. JD patiently worked with the beginners, and Francois showed the more experienced crowd the wonders of the reef. The visibility was great and the reef was healthy and vibrant. We hope to return for an extended stay on Roatan and complete more dives with these wonderful folks.

1  Thank Kimberly S
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We planned two dives but ended up only doing one. The visibility was not great so we just did the one dive. Our guide was fantastic and all equipment was prepped. We saw 5 turtles. Nothing to do with the dive shop but was sad to see the amount of garbage in the water. Why 4 and not 5 stars....basically the boat was difficult to do a water entry it was not a flat bottomed boat and my instructor stuggled to get me on the boat edge for me to back roll in I am only 60kg but having the weight on my back was a struggle , also the boat was crowded for my own liking. Nice guys and good gear.

2  Thank Katherine P
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Just wanted to say I had a great time diving with JD, [Dive Master] and asst. DM, Ander]. Everyone at Scuba Roatan was very professional. Juvini [boat capt.] and owners Rino and Amanda as well. They had a driver meet and return me to the cruise dock so the day was stress free. I will return to Scuba Roatan, the diving is great.

1  Thank Alan S
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I am very glad I chose to dive with Scuba Roatan in West End. I made 10 dives in one week with them. It is a small shop, with small groups going out. A few times I was the only diver, but they went out anyway. (I was there in off season). Other times there were a mix of snorkelers and divers of all levels of experience. One trip a fellow diver made his 3000 dive! That is obviously a lot, but Reno, the owner of Scuba Roatan, grew up in west end and has well over 5000 dives - most on this reef, so he and his crew are extremely knowledgeable. But we would still break out the Fish ID book at the end of each dive, to discuss what we saw. No matter what your skill level, these folks will make you feel comfortable, welcome and put you on some great dive sites. This shop is on the bay, so you just walk down a little bank, hop in the boat (they will have your gear set for you) and in a few minutes boat ride, you are at a unique dive site. Average dive time underwater was 60 minutes using on air. Oh yeah - no need for nitrox in West End - nobody else uses it, and you'll still have to come up when everybody else does. Thanks Reno, Francois, Ander, and the whole team for a great week of diving with Scuba Roatan!