“My first dive”
Review of Scuba Roatan - CLOSED

Scuba Roatan
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Scuba Roatan prides itself on providing professional service sprinkled with a generous amount of personal attention. Scuba Roatan is a new dive shop by name here in West End, however, it's definitely not new to the diving scene in Roatan. Owner Rino Jackson is a second generation local divemaster/instructor with over 7000 dives on the reef and still gets excited each and every time he heads out into the blue. Scuba Roatan is a small shop that specializes in small groups and a family friendly atmosphere with completely customized service.
Burlington, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“My first dive”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Like others I didn't think I could do this. I am a trepidatious snorkeller at best, although at times I feel adventurous. Well the cruise ship stopped at Roatan, I had heard great reports about the reef and diving. I knew of Scuba Roatan from some friends, so last week I ventured out.
What an incredible and successful experience! Great pre dive training, very watchful, wonderful support from competent owners and trainers. It couldn't have been better.
I can proudly say I've done it. Thanks to Amanda, Rino and Katy for your patience and support. I just have to find a way to get back there.
To anyone reading this don't hesitate, Scuba Roatan rocks!!!

Visited February 2013
ScubaRoatanHonduras, Owner at Scuba Roatan, responded to this review, March 2, 2013
We are so glad that you had a good time here! It's people like you that make our jobs really easy and enjoyable!! Thanks again and hope to see you back down here!

Erftstadt
“Great diving, great team, great fun”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

It´s been the second time that we dive with Rino, now in his recently opne new own dive shop.
We liked it very much. Rino and his team are very serious about diving, which means that they take care of your equipment, always brief you before the dive and make sure, that the diev matches the divers´abilities. Scuba Roatan´s equipment is new and they maintain it well. When diving wiht rino, you notice pretty soon, that he just loves being underwater, he is a expert in finding the tiniest stuff - the smallest we saw this time was a juvenile, albino pipe fish (see pic), the size of a fingernail! Thanks to the whole team
Peter

Visited January 2013
It is always great to see you both down here. We love that you chose to come back to dive with us again and look forward to next time!!! Great photos!
Corona CA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great Dive in Roatan”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I'm very glad that I did not book my trip to dive Roatan through our cruise ship. We were treated great and did not have to jam into a "cattle" boat with 12 other people and their gear. The guides were excellent and the water and reef were great. Thanks to our attentive dive master, we were able to hang out with a very cool sea turtle, grouper, and a lion fish.

Whangarei, New Zealand
“Roatan Diving”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

While in Roatan I was always going to do a couple of dives, but my friend who swore that she would never ever dive contiplated the idea after just walking past their shop and meeting some of the Scuba Roatan crew.

Since my friend was now going to do a discovery dive, I suggested we go around the other local dive sites in West End so that she could get a good feel for each place and decide who she felt most comfortable with. We had a good chat to the other dives sites but Scuba Roatan came out on top for both of us by far.

I did my first dive while my friend did her discovery and it was fantastic. The crew are soo relaxed and fun but at the same time not compromising safety. Its just such a lovely environment to be in.

Needless to say my friend Michelle went on to do her Open Water Cert which even now is a complete shock to me and I did 6 fantastic dives. The diving on the reef at Roatan is some of the best that I have done (which is a lot around the world) and Scuba Roatan are one of the best companies I have come across.

I would totally recommend these guys (even the 5 min walk was worth it as we were at the other end of the bay)

Thanks guys and girls for a great time. If I ever come back to Roatan, you will be my first stop

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“fantastic first diving experience”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Considering I was a nervous snorkeller and had vowed on many occasions that I would never ever dive I have just finished my Open Water certification with Scuba Roatan :) I had the occasion wobble but I really enjoyed it and I'm so glad I did it, I had one on one instruction which was perfect for me and Katy was great, explained everything really well and really helped to make me feel safe, secure and panic free! I'm travelling with an advanced diver who also got some good dives in, Scuba Roatan and the second largest reef in the world was just perfect for both of us! I'd highly recommend the team here.. thanks Guys!