“fantastic first diving experience”
Review of Scuba Roatan - CLOSED

Scuba Roatan
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Scuba Roatan prides itself on providing professional service sprinkled with a generous amount of personal attention. Scuba Roatan is a new dive shop by name here in West End, however, it's definitely not new to the diving scene in Roatan. Owner Rino Jackson is a second generation local divemaster/instructor with over 7000 dives on the reef and still gets excited each and every time he heads out into the blue. Scuba Roatan is a small shop that specializes in small groups and a family friendly atmosphere with completely customized service.
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Considering I was a nervous snorkeller and had vowed on many occasions that I would never ever dive I have just finished my Open Water certification with Scuba Roatan :) I had the occasion wobble but I really enjoyed it and I'm so glad I did it, I had one on one instruction which was perfect for me and Katy was great, explained everything really well and really helped to make me feel safe, secure and panic free! I'm travelling with an advanced diver who also got some good dives in, Scuba Roatan and the second largest reef in the world was just perfect for both of us! I'd highly recommend the team here.. thanks Guys!

There are newer reviews for Scuba Roatan

Reviewed January 30, 2013

A few days ago I was fortunate enough to dive with Scuba Roatan.
It was not something that I intended to do. At my age (old), extreme sports are not considered.
I just happend to say it must be nice to swim underwater and before I knew it I was practising skills in Half Moon Bay and on the dive boat heading to the reef.
At this point serious doubts set in and it took a lot of patience and incouragement by Amanda Holder (instructor and Co Dive Shop Owner) to get me under the water. Once there Dale (another instuctor) took over and after a while I was able to relax and enjoy the sights.
As a high maintence diver I can totally recommend Scuba Roatan. They certainly make it less intimidating for novice divers.
P.S. Perhaps I should mention Amanda is my daughter!!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We did 20 dives with scuba Roatan over Christmas and New Years ! What a great way to spend the holidays! We saw so many amazing things, got some great photos and videos, and met some good people. Thanks for the great adventures, the dolphin experience was quite a highlight! We dove with some very experienced dive masters, and dive master in training! At all times we felt very safe on all of our dives. Our boat captain was just the best, this experience was just what we were looking for. Thank you for taking such good care of us!
Love robin and vern

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Scuba Roatan, Marvelous Experience, Heaven Under the Sea

Remarkably skilled divers.

Owner Rino Jackson had a magnanimous spirit, a great laugh and a staff of remarkably skilled divers. Rino, Katy, Dale, Boat Capt. Cheyenne and all their staff were the most helpful, knowledgeable friendly and approachable team possible. We received consistently personal attention by all of the staff and a remarkable diving experience each of the three days we went out during the week of January 21, 2013.

I’ve gone diving in the Palau Islands, Philippines, Hawaii, Florida, Southern California and other locations, including Roatan, These guys and gals are professionals. Anyone with any concerns about safety need not worry. They are extremely attentive so that you will feel safe and secure while enjoying a great diving experience. The equipment was only the best and in excellent condition.

I had checked out a few dive shops on Roatan in the past and was not completely satisfied for one reason or another.

Loads of incredible underwater sights. Marvelous and astonishing creatures, and a variety of aquamarine colors, wonderful to behold and eye opening.

For a great diving experience whether you’re a novice or advanced diver you can’t beat Scuba Roatan.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

I visited roatan for the second time at the beginning of this year. This was the first time i had any inclination to try my hand at diving. I went with Scuba Roatan as to me the staff were the most helpful, friendly and approachable. They welcomed me with open arms and talked me through exactly what was involved and what i had to do. I have never been diving before so it was understandable i was a little nervous. Amanda and her team were excellent in calming my nerves and making me feel at ease.
It didnt matter how many times i asked them to go over something, they still had a smile on their face. The dive itself was awesome with so many different things to see. While under water the team kept checking that i was alright and made me feel totally relaxed. You can not ask for anything more.
I now have the bug for diving and cant wait to go back there. It is like being part of an extended family. Can not recommend Scuba Roatan enough.