“The Jewel of Roatan's West End”
Review of Linga Longa - CLOSED

Linga Longa
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2012

If you visit Linga Longa you will definitely linger longer, and more frequently.
I enjoyed all four meals I ate at Linga Longa during my week in Roatan. The beef fillet was as tender and juicy as the best New York steakhouse; The fettuccini pasta with chicken breast was delicious, seasoned perfectly (ordered this dish twice); finally, the generously-sized lobster tail was succulent, served with your choice of lemon butter or garlic butter.
The staff is friendly and attentive, helps you select the best wine to enhance your meal, and makes sure you are completely satisfied.
Finally, the setting is to die for. Overlooking beautiful Half Moon Bay, facing west, you will be treated to sunsets as colorful as a painter's pallet on steroids while you savor your meal.
Life doesn't get much better than this!

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Linga Longa is a great spot to go for an upscale meal in West End.

We had the Sashimi appetizer - and it turned my wife into a Sashimi fan! Great service, great food, beautiful setting. The restaurant is right on the shore looking out over the bay. It gets hot in the afternoons/evenings, but the views are unbeatable.

It's a great spot to go when you feel like splashing out.

I'd go back.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

As a frequent visitor for almost 20 yrs, you get used to restaurants in West End coming & going with (often times) little warning. Some are good, some not. After this space in the Beach House being vacant for a while, I was happy to see a new place had opened. I visited Linga Longa shortly after it opened on the suggestion of a good friend and local ex-pat who was eager to try it. At first, I was hesitant because of the prices (which are promimantly displayed on the menu out front). Our first dinner visit was not our last. In two week's time we (or I) visited twice more. Gary and his staff are wonderful! The food was amazing. The menu varied with something for everyone. Where else in West End do you find lamb? Yumm! The pumpkin soup ... delish! The beet salad ... everything, everytime was perfect. Pastas, lamb, beef, seafood ... all cooked to perfection. Everyone was eager to make sure we were happy. Wine selection was limited when we were there, again, they had just opened and I know they planned on a better, more extensive selection in the near future. What they had, however, was good and reasonably priced - although my dining companion is primarily a Salva guy (grins). Oh! And the relaxed atmosphere of the deck dining, over looking the beach and Half Moon Bay is the icing on the cake! Linga Longa is a breath of fresh air in the upscale dining scene of West End. Their pricing is right in line for what they offer and well within the means of most of the island's ex-pats and the majority of Roatan visitors today. It may be a little out of reach for the backpacker crowd, but they are not what they used to be. Although, even the backpacker could afford one special meal at Linga Longa. Thank you, Gary, and your staff for this great addition to West End. I hope you'll stick around awhile. I wish you much success.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

During the day light hours Linga Longa is neat little cafe. But you really must experience it at night. The white table clothes and candle light combined with the beach front view creates a formal setting that somehow works with the casual attire and feel of the Island. I was very impressed by the selection on the menu, Island food can get monotonous after a few days. The appetizer sizes were a bit small, but the main course size was acceptable and we didn't leave hungry. The prices were higher for Roatan ( appetizers 8-15 US dollars and main course 15-30's if you want lobster) but for the quality of the food and ambiance it was a great deal. Don't go too close to closing time as the bar upstairs starts to get a bit crazy and the music bleeds through killing the atmosphere.

1  Thank New_Speranza
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Has a full menu, to suit most tastes, but the curry can only be matched by the view.