“Diving with OC”

Ocean Connections Water Sports
Ranked #6 of 35 Tours in West End
More attraction details
Owner description: Ocean Connections has something for everyone! We welcome divers and non-divers alike aboard our custom-built 52-foot power catamaran for some fun in the sun. Divers will love our brand new Aqualung gear and exceptional valet service. We also host the only location on the island of Roatan for BOSS underwater motor scooters. BOSS (Breathing Observation Submersible Scooter) is designed to allow you to breathe normally while you drive underwater and experience the undersea world. Featured on the Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, and the Today Show, BOSS offers an exciting new experience for the whole group! Ocean Connections is also a fully operational scuba diving center that is both PADI and SSI certified. Join us for scuba courses as well as fun diving at the second largest living reef in the world.
San Francisco, California, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Diving with OC”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had a great time diving with OC. Everyone was really friendly and professional. I went on 15 dives and they give you a bigger discount the more dives you do with them. They took me all over the West End and showed me some great walls, wrecks, channels, and a few challenge dives as well. Great time overall. Thanks OC!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

OCWE, Front Office Manager at Ocean Connections Water Sports, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thanks for the great review, Steven! Sorry I missed you while you were in Roatan but I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your dives with us. Hopefully next time you're here we'll overlap! Happy diving :)

-Amanda

Leeds, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Experience!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Completed the Open Water course in a restricted time (approximately 2 days) due to time constraints on the island. The staff and guides were brilliant, really helpful and extremely flexible. On the dives we saw turtles, barracuda, lobsters, sting rays and many more exotic fish. Would recommend the experience to anyone!

Visited August 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

Hey Mitch! Thanks so much for the review! It's too bad it was such a quick trip to our end of the island this time, but hopefully we'll see you guys back here for some fun dives soon :) Say hi to the rest of the guys for us! And tell Jack we hope he gets his cert done if his ear is better - such a bummer!! Glad we could squeeze in the courses for you and Jack though. Happy diving!
Louisville, Colorado
“PERFECTLY WONDERFUL”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Every aspect of our dive day with Ocean Connections was handled in a relaxed, personable, efficient manner that ended up making our dives so fun. We were three families (with college-aged kids) diving in Roatan while in port on a cruise ship. Setting up the two-tank dive with Amanda via email was easy; her responses were expedient and friendly. Transportation by van to and from the cruise ship/dive dock went smoothly, with us getting back to the cruise ship right in time (by 2pm!). Our divemaster Jonathan was a marine biologist - knowledgeable and fun-loving - who briefed us thoroughly and watched us all with care to the very end of the dive. For our group of 12 divers total that day, there was another divemaster as well for a ratio of 1:6 divers. Luther the boat captain was a gentle giant (size 17 shoes!) who maneuvered the boat with ease to pick us up as we popped up from the dive. The boat we used was brand new for the company -- best we'd ever been on -- incredibly spacious -- this added to the relaxed, fun atmosphere before, between, and after the dives. Everything was first class: from the wonderful staff to the logistics to the facilities/boat. Thank you so much for making our connection with Roatan reefs such a relaxing and beautiful one!

Visited August 2013
Thank you so much for such a lovely review, Chris! We really enjoyed having your family and friends here for the morning. Such a great group! I'm sure the rest of your trip went fabulously knowing how much fun you guys are :) Hopefully we'll see you back in Roatan for a longer trip soon!
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME AWSOME”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I booked this dive blindly in the middle of the Ocean on a cruise. Amanda and I had had a total of 2 emails back and forth she made a miracle happen . We were going to book or dive on the cruise ship but they sold out as soon as we were getting on the boat. IM SO GLAD THEY DID , Ocean Connections was the best crew and dive trip ever ! Amanda sent a van for my family of 8 and was waiting when we got off the boat with a sign with our name ! Totally a nice suprise , this was just the beginning of the first class treatment we recieved the entire time. My family and I were just gonna do a 1 tank dive due to time restraints, but wow it was so beautiful and Ocean Connetions crew was so fast we had more then enough time to do a 2 tank and still got to go back to boat drop stuff and hit the island. I cannot stress enough how wonderful this entire crew and experience was. It was fast organized and the staff all had a wonderful personality and attitude. I definitly recommend Ocean Connetions for any if not all of your future dive experiences ! Thank you soooo much for a wonderful dive and adding to a perfect vacation !

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

OCWE, Front Office Manager at Ocean Connections Water Sports, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We had such a great time hanging out with your family for the day! Next time, tell your dad we expect him here, too ;) Thanks for the great feedback, I'm so happy it all worked out perfectly for you all! See you next time you're in port!!
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“Good, but there is room for improvement”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I think the team from Ocean Connections are still finding their feet a Little. My understanding is that they are under new management and have only been working with the existing team for less than a year. My experience was good, but there is definitely some room for improvements.

I am not a very experienced diver and needed a refresher course. The refresher course that was offered to me was rushed and I didn't feel entirely satisfied with the time alloted to that course. On my first day, I did a night dive and we were also hastily put through the preperatory pre-dive instruction.

The diving itself was very exciting. One of my fellow divers did comment however, that I was being given intermediate or even advanced dives without having the skills to really perform the dives well.

The guides were good but it was said that perhaps more effort could go towards safety and making sure everyone is adequately ready for each dive.

Other than that, the team is very good. Amanda, Luther and Ricardo are fun, friendly and very profesional. Amanda was kind enough to accomodate my somewhat limited budget and helped make the whole experience quite easy and pleasant.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction

OCWE, Front Office Manager at Ocean Connections Water Sports, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback! We are definitely taking your advice and working towards perfecting our systems, especially in taking extra time for reviews with less experienced divers. As a newer shop, we clearly still have some kinks to work out. That's why we love hearing from you so we know where we still need to improve. But we're getting there! I'm so glad you enjoyed the diving though and I hope to see you out here again soon! :)