“Dive Dive Dive”

Ocean Connections Water Sports
Ranked #6 of 34 Tours in West End
More attraction details
Owner description: Ocean Connections has something for everyone! We welcome divers and non-divers alike aboard our custom-built 52-foot power catamaran for some fun in the sun. Divers will love our brand new Aqualung gear and exceptional valet service. We also host the only location on the island of Roatan for BOSS underwater motor scooters. BOSS (Breathing Observation Submersible Scooter) is designed to allow you to breathe normally while you drive underwater and experience the undersea world. Featured on the Discovery Channel, Travel Channel, and the Today Show, BOSS offers an exciting new experience for the whole group! Ocean Connections is also a fully operational scuba diving center that is both PADI and SSI certified. Join us for scuba courses as well as fun diving at the second largest living reef in the world.
Roatan, Honduras
“Dive Dive Dive”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Ocean's Connections is such a chill, relaxed dive shop. I received my PADI Open Water Certification there and loved it! My instructor (Jonathon Clarkin) couldn't have been better than anyone I could have hoped for. He worked with me even separately to help me get more comfortable in the water throughout my course. The shop didn't mind at all! He had so much knowledge about the fish, sea life, and coral as well. His excitement and knowledge was also very contagious! The shop has great people working and all around good dive instructors. Also, the shop's prices are very reasonable and have good quality gear. I would recommend it to everyone who is coming to Roatan!

Visited March 2013
OCWE, Front Office Manager at Ocean Connections Water Sports, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thanks for the feedback, Sarah! It's been a few weeks...aren't you due for another fun dive soon?? You teachers work too hard. We think it's time you take a break and come hang out on the boat with us for a day. Hope to see you soon!!

College Station, Texas
“A Trip to Remember with PADI Open Water”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was in Roatan visiting family for spring break and Dive certification was not necessarily on my list of things to do. BUT after a few snorkel trips out from the beach and talking with Jonathon about all the underwater life present in and around the reef, I knew i had to go for it. Not only was it one of the cheapest places on the island, but the whole OC crew truly cared for my experience and was set on getting through my certification course even if it meant driving to the other side of the island in the face of bad weather.

Jonathon (dive instructor) was a true professional. He had all the knowledge of the reef (believe me i asked a TON of questions and he presented all the complex information in a suave and most non-condescending way) AND truly cared for my experience and was very comforting when i had trouble with the one minute mask removal

ONLY PLACE TO GO ON THE ISLAND!!!
See you soon!

Visited March 2013
So glad you enjoyed it, Alexander! We still miss you around here so make sure you come back soon! There's always another certification to do...just something to think about ;)
Georgetown, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Cruise ship dive!!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

One of the only dive shops that could organize 2 tank dive for our cruise ship stop. Very relaxed, very small groups and very flexible. It's worth NOT booking with the ship. It's a very easy cab ride from the port to the shop. Awesome operation!!! Oh, and super price, $60 for 2 tank BOAT dive. Bring cash $$$

Visited March 2013
OCWE, Front Office Manager at Ocean Connections Water Sports, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your dives with us! We hope you come to Roatan for a longer trip next time so we can show you some more cool dive sites. We really had a blast diving with both of you. Please keep in touch!
French Harbour, Honduras
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent PADI course!”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Just finished my PADI Open Water certification with Ocean Connections in West End today, and couldn't be happier! Jonathan's (dive instructor) knowledge of not only diving but the reef was incredible and added so much to my experience. In addition, I could not have asked for a more calm and patient instructor, especially with me and the other two girls who got certified with me. Loved every second of it! Highly suggest getting certified here...I will continue diving with Ocean Connections and plan to get Advanced Open Water certified as well! woohoo OC!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank ingrid h
Thanks for the feedback!! Advanced Open Water certification, here we come. See you soon!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place to certify!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

The staff at Ocean Commections made our Roatan trip this month. From start to finish they had our best interest in mind. Instructors were professional, interesting, fun, and highly imformative. Much less of a tuff guy crowd as seen at other dive shops. Hands down the best in our minds. We will be back.

1 Thank Patmccormick1985
OCWE, Owner at Ocean Connections Water Sports, responded to this review, October 19, 2016
Thank you for diving with us. We have a new dive shop manager, Adam, and we would love to see you come back.

Jeff