“Top Rate Operation”

Splash Inn Dive Resort
Ranked #11 of 35 Tours in West End
More attraction details
Owner description: Splash Inn, a PADI 5 Star Gold Palm Dive Resort, will cater to your every dive request. Located in the middle of the West End and Sandy Bay Marine Park that offer you 70 different dive sites. Multilingual Staff and Professional service.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Houston, Texas
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Top Rate Operation”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I spent a week diving with Splash Inn. The staff was incredibly accommodating. We had three advanced divers on the boat for several of the dives. We were either supplied with our own divemaster, or allowed to dive our tanks on our own. I also had the opportunity to observe some of the certification classes going on there and found them to be very thorough.

Each of the divemasters I was diving with; (alphabetically) Chiara, Francisco, Ken, and Monique, knew the reefs and instilled confidence in all of the divers regardless of experience level.

There are three dives per day, at 9, 11, and 2. All of the dive sites are close by so they return to the pier after each dive. The boat we were in was not huge, but it was never crowded. I can't wait to dive with Splash Inn again!

Visited December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Mobile, Alabama
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Splash Inn Dive Resort”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My dive with Splash Inn was not expensive and somewhat fun. The boat is moderate but the Dive sight was beautiful. The reefs are amazing..The owner was great to deal with..The only negative was our Dive Master was not very friendly and was just there to "make 8" ....An example was our group had a diver who was getting low on air so our dive master made me come up with him (I guess so that diver would not be alone on the surface, waiting for the boat) even though I had 1100 PSI left in my tank..The dive master let the 4 other divers stay down 15 more minutes. The dive sight was great, the owner was very friendly, the Average rating was becasue of the Dive Master..I was not very happy with his professionalism. or lack of it..

Visited October 2013
San Diego, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“False promises at Splash Inn”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I am an avid diver who has traveled to quite a few locations throughout the world for diving. I have rarely had a negative experience and I certainly have never written a negative review. Until now.

My dive buddy and traveling companion is a very experienced and well-trained technical diver. We almost always dive using nitrox back home in California and when traveling. We have been diving all around Roatan for the past week, diving on nitrox when it was available and diving regular air (and adjusting our dive profiles) when it wasn't. However, my companion had a slight case of what may have been skin bends the other day and she took some precautionary O2. There were no further symptoms and after a couple of days of rest she is ready to go back to her normal diving routine. Because diver safety should always be everyone's primary concern, it is prudent that she use nitrox for the rest of our week here.

This is where Splash Inn's dive shop comes into the story. I walked to all of the dive shops in West End to find one that would fill a couple of tanks of nitrox for us, even though we may or may not be diving off of their boats on that given day. The Dutch gal at Splash Inn seemed to be very helpful and willing to accommodate our needs. We were quoted a very reasonable price of $8/tank, and told to drop off the tanks by 2:00 PM and pick them up by 5:00 PM. We were pleased and were prepared to book a few dives with their operation.

At 1:30 today, I lugged a couple of tanks down the block from our friends' dive operation. I was then told that they were no longer willing to fill our tanks. The reasoning is because they didn't know how much nitrox they may or may not need the next day, as a cruise ship or some such may come in. I tried to negotiate a price for just 2 tanks for tomorrow, and was even willing to pay $100 per tank, just so my buddy could dive as safely as possible tomorrow. As you might guess, there was no give on this stance. We tried to explain the circumstances but it was like talking to a brick wall.

This would have been fine if they actually told me this several hours ago, as I would have had time to make other nitrox arrangements for tomorrow. However, it is now too late.

This is not about profit or loss, this is about preventative diver safety. They don't seem to care about that.

This is also not about their policy. If they had such a policy, they would have told me about it several hours earlier. They are making up their policy on the fly.

We were actually thinking about staying at Splash Inn later next week when we get back from a 2 day excursion to a nearby island, but I can promise that won't happen now.

If I ran a diving operation (or any other type of business) and told someone that they could purchase a service for a certain price, I would at least stick to my word for the one day. That would have allowed my buddy to dive safely, it would have allowed me time to make other arrangements, and I'm pretty darned sure that filling only 2 tanks of nitrox would not have caused any inconvenience to any potential future walk-in customers.

That would have demonstrated common sense, integrity, and a concern for diver safety. They apparently have none of these attributes.

I can guarantee that I will never do business with this operation and I strongly suggest that any other divers seriously consider whether this is the type of operation that they want to put their trust in.

We get to lose a day of diving but I'm hoping they lose a ton of business. There are plenty of dive operations on this island where they actually understand the concepts of diver safety and keeping one's word.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank Brady F
El Dorado, KS
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Great dive experience!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were extremely pleased with the Splash Inn Dive Shop. Justin, Sophia and Ricardo were excellent dive leaders! The dive briefings were thorough and informative. Each leader brought a unique “feel” to each dive and were fun to get to know on a personal level. This was one of our favorite dive destinations and we would definitely dive with Splash Inn upon our return.

Visited August 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great staff and awesome diving”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I spent a week diving with the folks at Splash Inn. Both dive masters I had during the week, Sofia and Justin, were great.They are both extremely knowledgeable about all of the dive sites around Roatan, they are both great instructors (I took two adventure dive courses while I was there) and they both ensure a safe experience for everyone on the dive. And in between dives, they're both great people to chat with.

The prices are a great value. Be sure to do a night dive. Call ahead and make sure Justin and/or Sofia will be in town during your visit.

Visited September 2013