“Great place to relax” 5 of 5 bubbles

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great place to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Staff is friendly and very knowledgeable. They have some great birds too that you get to hold while you learn about them.

Visited June 2013

New Haven, CT
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Happy Birthday When it Rains”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Although style Butterfly Gardens, the titular Butterflies were in relatively short supply. No worries, though, for you will be guided (by a wonderful 4-year old, if you are lucky) through a tropical paradise. Passed the island rabbits (which, apparently, can still be found on menus in some remote locations) you will enter a world of exotic birds. Tropical pomegranate-red macaws fly around to greet you on your arrival. A pair of local birds, bright green, are only too happy to jump on your shoulder. And, Charlie and his girlfriend are happy to sing happy birthday to you, but only if it's raining.

3 minute walk from West End. Go up the main road (like you are traveling back to Coxen Hole or the airport). It's right passed the gas station. If you've reached the Mayan Jungle, you've gone too far. Taxis should be well under 60 lempira if you prefer not to walk. Admission $7 pp.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Jim W
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“heaven on earth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

loved this place. there were birds and lizards and all kind of things to see cheap and nice gift shop.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun, Quick Stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We made a stop here as part of our day in port coming off a cruise. Everyone was very nice and informative. They had monkeys that interacted with us as well as other animals (including parrots). It was cheap and interractive and brief. Great way to get some interaction with local animal life.

North Dakota
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Delightful Stop - Butterflies and More”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

We made time to stop in on our cruise day in port. I went in without any expectations.

On this day, we were greeted by our guide, a young child - but don't let age fool you - he was very pleasant, professional, and knew his information very well.

He took us to the butterfly hut first, gave us a brief lecture - and I did see 3-4 types of butterflies while there. There were a few hummingbirds at the feeders - but my husband had the camera at that time - and the snap shots he took had the feeder with no birds. Oopsy!

After the hut tour - we were taken down to see some other animals. My husband had held a baby boa constrictor, and I was delighted in getting to take a baby spider monkey, Hannah along with me on the rest of the tour as she decided I was her new best friend.

Perhaps having the young guide made our stop more enjoyable then what other people might have experienced. We saw many other animals while there as well - We thought the young lad had done a fine job and left him with a lil' tip for his service.

I would have enjoyed a bit more time in the butterfly hut to take more photos of the butterflies, but Maybe if I had said something after the tour was over - I bet they would have allowed me to go back into there a bit longer. I never did asked - we just went on to our next stop on our tour.

1 Thank babsroth