“We arrived as strangers and left feeling like family.”

Island Diving Center
Ranked #9 of 35 Tours in West End
More attraction details
Owner description: Roatan's premier diving center and scuba school for divers of all ages. We are a full service PADI dive center located on the white sand beach of Half Moon Bay in the West End area of Roatan, Honduras. We teach all PADI courses and conduct dive excursions to the over 40 most popular dive sites along Roatan's reef. We keep our class and dive excursion sizes small for personalized service. Courses starting daily. Professional and friendly diving at its best!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Stockport, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“We arrived as strangers and left feeling like family.”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We booked the dive by email from the uk in advance of a cruise we were on in December and told them that this would be our first dive after getting our padi certificate early on in march, we also explained how nervous i was and they assured me that everything would be ok and that we would be looked after. They arranged a taxi to pick us up, even giving us the name of the driver in advance and a fixed price for the taxi. The taxi driver was really nice which was a great start. We arrived at the dive shop and were greeted by the owner and his wife. We were extremely lucky as my husband and i were the only people going out that day and we had 3 dive masters to accompany us so straight away I felt at ease, if I was going to drown I had 3 people to save me! To get to the boat, you literally walked across the street and there it was. The dive site was no more that 10 minutes away. Can't tell you how well looked after we were, the captain was so lovely and also knew what he was doing as regards helping put the scuba gear on etc (I say this because unfortunately our next dive in st Maarten 2 weeks later was a whole different experience, with a useless captain). I can't thank them all enough for a wonderful experience. At the end of the dive we invited the 3 guys for a drink and spent about an hour with them listening to all there fantastic stories and making us feel how uninteresting our lives are in rainy England. We arrived as strangers and left feeling like family. Just want to give one tip though to any novice or not diver based on the bad experience in st Maarten which may have put us off scuba in the future... Never ever, ever (cant stress enough...ever)...scuba without your snorkel.....

Overland Park, Kansas
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great trip for Scuba and Snorkelers”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

We booked this for when our cruise ship was in Roatan. Booking was very easy. Booked the trip for 2 scuba and 2 snorkelers. Booked the transportation also, which was great, and made things very easy. Lee was great at the shop, and rented gear which was in good shape. Roger was great as the divemaster and the boat captain was also great. We only had 7 on the boat, with 2 snorkelers, so 5 divers. Diving was great, and we had 2 great dives. The driver even dropped us off to see the Monkeys on our way back, which was a great stop. Would recommend to everyone. Thanks.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Great experience! Professional staff.”
Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Professional dive shop with personal attention to divers. Lee takes small groups out and has the tanks ready on the boat.

Value is unbeatable.

Dive site were the best I've ever been. I literally felt as thought I was swimming in an aquarium with fish all around me.

You won't be disappointed.

1 Thank jen1234567
Woodland, Washington, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great dive shop!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

My family found this shop through trip advisor and were not disappointed. An earlier reviewer mentioned a drunk boat operator and a rickety ladder. My experience was completely different! I am a 6'5" 280 lb man. Not only was this custom made ladder stable enough for my bulky frame it was uber wide making my exit very safe. I sucked down my tank quickly on the first dive and Luther, the dive boat captain was very attentive and helpful. He was constantly watching for boat traffic around divers and aggressively communicating to the pilots to ensure the safety of divers. My wife and children took discover diving from Lee and had an awesome and safe dive with the dive master Lee holding my kids hands throughout the dive. This was an unparalleled experience. I'm trying to figure out how to go back!

Nebaj, El Quiche, Guatemala
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great time!”
Reviewed December 25, 2012

My boyfriend and I did a lot of research to choose where on Roatan we would take our open water diving course. We emailed every single dive shop on the island and chose Enomis Divers for its great ratings and pricing. We were not disappointed! The owners Lee and Anita are very friendly and helpful - we spent most of our week in Roatan with them and it was such a pleasure! We got to have our own private course, and Lee, who has over 25 years of diving experience, was patient with us in making sure that we did everything right before giving us the check mark. The gear is in great condition and if you are taking the course, they let you borrow it to go out snorkelling in the bay. The boat and its captain were also great. A lot of the main dive centres in Roatan are affiliated with hotels so they are more crowded. This place is a hidden gem where you will get great personal attention, great prices, and a top-quality dive experience.