“Amazing staff, Amazing dives, Amazing service!”

Island Diving Center
Ranked #7 of 34 Tours in West End
More attraction details
Owner description: Roatan's premier diving center and scuba school for divers of all ages. We are a full service PADI dive center located on the white sand beach of Half Moon Bay in the West End area of Roatan, Honduras. We teach all PADI courses and conduct dive excursions to the over 40 most popular dive sites along Roatan's reef. We keep our class and dive excursion sizes small for personalized service. Courses starting daily. Professional and friendly diving at its best!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Lee and Anita treated me like family at their shop. As an experienced diver, I was paired with an equally experienced buddy. During my 10 day trip, I got to see a wide variety of dive sites, and many times it was just the two of us on the boat. We had amazing viz and long dives, typically 60 minutes or more. I couldn't have asked for a better dive experience. As an instructor, Lee is outstanding---he has years of experience and makes new divers feel safe and secure. Avoid "scuba factories" and dive here, to be treated like an individual instead of just another diver. I would come back to Enomis in a heartbeat!

There are newer reviews for Island Diving Center

Reviewed June 22, 2011

I just received my Open Water PADI certification from Lee and Anita at Enomis. Before choosing we looked at about of the dive shops on Roatan. Enomis gave us the feeling at A.) we were not going to be treated like cattle and B.) that we were safe and in good hands.

Both of these ended up being true. While the folks at Coconut Tree Dive shop may have the biggest name and the folks at Barefoot Cay may have the largest boats, all of them are going to herd you in to a group of 20 with 1 or 2 instructors and you will just be one of the cattle.

Enomis assured us that we could have small groups, and there were only three of us. They assured us that we could pace the classes to fit our vacation schedule and not when they felt like taking the boat out. We chose to take a few half days so we could still enjoy Roatan, and it was perfect.

So, whether you want a few dives or want your PADI certification, I highly recommend the folks at Enomis.

DG
Seymour, CT

3  Thank DwightDG
Reviewed May 20, 2011

A friend & I just returned from a week in Roatan, where we used Enomis. I chose them in part because they have No Problem with snorklers going out on the boat, also because I like diving in small groups rather than on "cattle boats."

My friend, who was originally only going to snorkel, decided he wanted to get back into diving (after a 17 year hiatus) so he took the training to become a Scuba Diver. He said Lee was a great instructor and is really looking forward to diving more.

My divemaster, Jergen, was beyond incredible with his choice of dive sites for us to visit, they were all spectacular. And so was he, especially with his expertise and professionalism in dealing with all of my equipment malfunctions! Out of 6 dives, it was only the very last one on which I didn't have any gear issues. But even though I kept having gear issues, I didn't miss a single dive because of it! Jergen was on top of the game!

Reviewed May 9, 2011

Roaming down the street of West End there are so many dive shops they we decided to stop by a few and talk with them to see how they opperated. Our main criteria was that we did not want to be pressured into package, group dives, also friendly and giving the time to talk. Lee the owner and dive master was great, very knowledgable as you would expect but was also very out going and considerate. He spent the time with us answering all of our questions and easily accepted that we were going to check out other dive shops. After checking out some other shops there was in no way any that compared to Enomis. We went back to Lee and booked a package of five dives. The staff would do all the work arranging the equipment (yours or theirs) and having storage so we did not have to return to or home away from home with wet equipment. We used their equipment mostly. We were spending two weeks and after the first five dives things went so well and Lee assisted in improving our bottom times and bouancy that we booked another five dives. There were three couples that we were traveling with but only two divers and Lee offered to take the snorklers out with us on a dive so that they could snorkle away from shore which they all enjoyed. Cater, the boat captain, was fun and an excellent captain will miss his great attitude and laghter. Jurgen another dive master really did make us look like air pigs even thopugh we were averaging 45 - 60 minute dives I do not think he ever used half of his air (what a fish he is). Though I must wrap this up I could not possibly say enough about Enomis Divers. Thanks for making our holiday Lee.
Rick

2  Thank RPBATCH
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Date of stay, February 21 to March 7, 2011
My spouse and I spent two great weeks in West End Roatan. We stayed at the Mame Tree Bungalows where my sister had a two bedroom bungalow rented for eight weeks. We stayed in the Caribbean Bungalow and from what I saw it was one of the premier rentals in West End. If you are looking for clean, safe and well located cottage style accommodations at a reasonable price, Mame Tree is the place for you. Contact Adam Santos or Tanya for first rate no surprise service.
We arrived on February 21st just days after torrential rains washed out the main street of West End. By the time we arrived the rains had stopped, the road was fixed and we were blessed with two weeks of sunshine. This was my first trip to Roatan, and I was amazed at the number of dive shops I had to choose from in West End. I did eleven dives with Enomis Divers (buy ten, get one free) and was 100% satisfied with their services. With so many choices the offer of semi-valet service diving at no additional cost was the deciding factor for me. I have a bum knee and the staff was very accommodating, they stored my gear so I did not need to carry it back and forth and many times it was on the boat before I got there. Lee went out of his way to make sure I had the best chance to see turtles and rays and made sure I got a night dive. The diver ratio is the best in West End. On most dives, the number of divers on the boat was between 2 and 6 with some dives being only myself and Dive Master Jurgen. Jurgen knew all the dive sites well and once he was comfortable with my experience he took me everywhere. We did a wreck penetration and many canyons and caverns. Most of my dives lasted almost an hour because of the smaller groups we were not subject to the common rule that the dives over when the first diver gets low on air. The night dive was totally awesome and I witnessed something Jurgen called the String of Pearl’s. We sat on the sandy bottom and turned off our lights after about a minute, tiny strings of light started to appear, soon as far as you could see was twinkling lights with tails like shooting stars it was truly one of the most spectacular sights I have witnessed. This is something I don’t think many dive masters would bother with if they had a large group.
Enomis Divers is locally owned and operated by Lee and Anita Snijders and are a full service dive shop. They are extremely knowledgeable of the dive sites, and their equipment is all new and well maintained. If you are not an Advanced Open Water Diver, I would recommend taking the time to do the course with Lee and his staff in their comfortable classroom with great teachers so that you can fully experience all that Rotan diving has to offer. Roatan has some of the best dive sites I have seen and Emomis Diver is definitely the operator of choice. All the shops charge about the same so it is quality that counts.

Steve Hatch Brockville ON Canada
Home of the best fresh water diving in the world!

4  Thank 1000islanddiver