“Didn't try this until our last night...wish we found it earlier”

Lighthouse Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 63 Restaurants in West End
Cuisines: Caribbean, Central American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“Didn't try this until our last night...wish we found it earlier”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I'm not sure why so many reviews complain about the slow service here. You're on vacation in a sleepy little beach town....where else do you have to be besides sitting out on the deck enjoying the moonlight and conversation? Even so, I didn't find our wait time to be very long.

This place is a little deceiving. There's a white sandwich board out on the street with the menu, but you have to walk down a little path to get to the restaurant on the beach. It's a lovely view and feels very private. When we sat down, the owner/chef came out and told us about the specials that evening. He also came back later in the evening to check on us. A nice touch, I think.

I had a taste for lobster, but since the fish of the day was mahi mahi, I went with that. It was cooked perfectly with a mango pineapple salsa, and the vegetables and rice were delicious. One of our group had the garlic lobster and said it was a little overcooked. Another one of our group is a vegetarian so she had a pasta dish with vegetables. It was enormous, but she ate almost all of it and said it was very good.

The prices were very reasonable for fresh fish. The garlic lobster listed on the sandwich board was $15, and my mahi mahi was $16.

If we had tried this earlier in our stay, we probably would have gone back again.

• Visited May 2014

Mexico City, Mexico
“go somewhere else”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Although everyone I've asked told me about the lousy service... and good food; I decided to try it anyhow!, I wasn't in a hurry and the lionfish with mango and pineapple catched my interest.
In a terrace overlooking the sea, with nice mellow music, I ordered and was ready to wait...
To my surprise, the service was great, I asked for rice and beans, whicht wasn´t with my meal and they made the change effortless...
the problem was the food!!! the fish was so overcooked, that it felt hard, kind of rubberish, and soooo salty, that even that I asked for extra mango and pineapple to compensate the flavuor, it was simply useless. I just couldn´t make myself finish the dish, and I knew it was not cheap!.I ended up paying 25 usd.
I went out to the Street and found an icecream store and bought one, just to wash off the salty flavour.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank mimiMexico_df
Calgary, Canada
“Beautiful view, great food”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We ate here on our first night in West End and were not disappointed. The sunset from the dock was breathtaking and our waitress was awesome, though the service was a little slow for us being one of two tables. However when the food came it was worth the wait….we had the coconut barracuda and the lobster….we couldn't decide which was better. Atmosphere was amazing, and the prices were very reasonable for the quality.

• Visited March 2014
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Best Grouper Sandwich ever!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We ate at the Lighthouse Restaurant and had local Salva Vida beer and the freshest, best tasting Grouper sandwich ever. This is a little island gem with a wonderful view, traditional Roatan Island feel and great music playing. I would say this is a gem that needs to be discovered when visition Roatan!

Visited April 2014
London, Canada
“Omg!!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

A group of 6 of us went for lunch on a Wednesday. We had the place to ourselves for the first while and then a couple others started to filter in. The food was outstanding. I had the deep fried lobster, it was so good I'll be dreaming about it for months! Everyone in our group had a great meal! Service was good and the view couldn't be beat. Nothing like a great meal with a great view! When we return to roatan next year it's already on the list of "have to do again" and the cost very reasonable! Much better than other seafood restaurants we went to on the island!

• Visited April 2014