“Delightful dinner”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Delightful dinner”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was our second trip to Roatan and the Lighthouse restaurant. The whole snapper dish and the scallop dish were both very good. The wine was okay. The service and atmosphere were delightful. A place worth visiting.

• Visited March 2013

Washington State
“Great grilled fish”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We got the "tipica" lunch with rice, beans and plantains. Very good, reasonably priced. We went back later for a drink at sunset. Superb setting!

They did have trouble breaking our 20US, but other than that the service was fine.

• Visited March 2013
San Francisco
“Really Bad!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Food was mediocre at best and service was terrible. Waited what seemed like forever to get our check and then realized that our waiter had left the restaurant and was on the beach talking to people. I finally got up to find someone to help us (no one seemed to care) and when we presented our credit card, the waiter said he needed our ID as well. As a prior reviewer had said, this seemed sketchy to us, so we followed the person to the back office and waited for another 10-15 min with him to process it. Ridiculous!
To top things off, none of us were feeling well after our respective meals.
Stay away from this place.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank TRCR3
wilmington, nc
“A Must Visit”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is an incredible restaurant, great location right in the middle of West Bay with a view that doesn't stop. If you want a great place to watchh the sunset, there is probably not a better place that serves you to do it. But bthe best thing about this restaurant is the food...and you have to try their Fried Lobster! My wife and I have eaten lobster all over the world and this was truly the sweetest and most favorable lobster we have ever put in our mouths. Remarkable, so much so we got the recipe from the Chef! Also try the Guacamole and fresh chips, the Grilled Snapper, and their french fries are perfect. We went there twice in one week!

Visited February 2013
New York City, New York
“Sketchy credit card protocol”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

We read all the mixed reviews and we decided we wanted to give it a try because we wanted fresh fish. The food was decent, and our server was nice and generally attentive. We enjoyed our time until our bill came. 15 minutes later after the woman had not come I walked up to her at the bar and handed it to her since she looked busy processing inventory or something.
15 minutes later she still hadnt processed it so I walked up again. She was not happy. 5 minutes later still had not processed it. So I walked up again. She finally processed it, slammed the paper and pen down on the table and demanded I also give her my ID number. I told her no I wouldn't give here ID because it seemed sketchy so I walked out. When we got home the owner of our guesthouse had never heard of anyone asking for ID. If you go, pay in cash.