“I almost don't want to share....”

Lily Pond House Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 64 Restaurants in West End
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 12, 2012

On one hand, I want to rave about this lovely gem, but on the other, I don't want to let anyone else know about such a great secret.... A short walk just off the main road, Lily Pond Hourse is tucked away. Seating is limited, but worth taking a walk during the day to secure a table for dinner (we did this because we had a larger group).

The first time we went here, it was late and they had run out of most of the sides and some entrees. Rather than put together a substandard meal for a large group (there were 8 of us), Zak implored us to return the next day to get the full experience. I respect this immensely. When we returned for our second meal here, there was a power outtage and with candles and headlamps, they invited us come in. Thankfully the power returned after our orders were placed, but love the service and warmth!

Zak has done a great job with the property, which is also a bed and breakfast. Take the trip up the spiral staircase to visit the rooftop deck with bird's nest. The breeze and view or moon and stars is amazing.

The atmosphere and amenities are nice, but it's really the food that makes this place stellar. Seafood pasta is not to be missed! The generous portion with a lobster tail and additional seafood is available in a red or white sauce (red is phenomenal!). The depth of flavor is amazing and on par with some other very fancy restaurants I have been to (you did notice the screenname, right?). Steak in Island spices was great too. Veggies, garlic mash potatoes.... Absolutely everything on the plate is packed with flavor. We went back for another dinner and I indulged in the fisherman's plate - the catch of the day (Red snapper) in an amazing sauce, shrimp and lobster tail. I'm not even really a fan of lobster, but it was delicious.

$50 for a couple is a bit on the higher end of the price scale for the island, but it's worth every penny and more! The cocker spaniel, Luna, and new sharpei puppy only add to the charming feel. This place only adds to my amazing memories of Roatan and I can't wait to return - to both! Very highly recommended!

There are newer reviews for Lily Pond House Restaurant

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We came here for lunch and the food was OK. I heard people said they have great pasta dish but unfortunately I ordered grill chicken and my husband had their catch of the day.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Go in here and order a Zach Attack! You won't be sorry! The owner is a character and has done a great job of fixing this place up and making it adorable! Good job!! And we loved your puppy too!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The Lily Pond restaurant is a tucked-away gem with wonderful food and unforgetably good veggies. The steak and lobster was delicious, but we were amazed at how yummy the veggies were. The service is warm and friendly and their love for animals made us feel right at home.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Great meal, but limited seating. Doesn't look great from the outside, but very nice once you are in there.