“Pleasing to all the senses”

Lily Pond House Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 66 Restaurants in West End
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Just back from Roatan, stayed immediately next door to the Lily Pond. Ate dinner there on our first pm. We(husband & 12 yr old daughter) thoroughly enjoyed our meal. 2 of us had lobster-incredible. They are appropriately known for their fresh & moist bread. We ate way too much, but hey, it all sounded so good....calamari, key lime pie, cheesecake & chocolate cake with Bailey's, Amaretto & Kahlua ( I think). They also had a full bar & nice wine selection. Atmosphere rivals the food. Zak & Luis have taken great care to develop an intimate ambience full of many small details which add up to an enchanting atmosphere. They were kind enough to let us explore the B&B. I would definitely stay there if I ever returned to Honduras (especially if I came back without kids).location is great in that it is a 2 minute walk to everything in the West End, yet off the beaten path enough to be somewhat secluded. The rooms were beautiful & were well appointed & luxurious while feeling true to their Central American location. Rooms were spacious, had romantic touches, balconies & mini fridges. Lola the resident cocker spaniel also makes you feel more than welcome. Stay here & whatever you do-eat here & come hungry (bring cash, as of last week, credit cards not accepted-typical of many places in Roatan). Enjoy!

1  Thank escapein2019

Reviewed December 12, 2011

So good here had to come back ... The bread is so good , we had lobster & sea bass perfection .. Such a romantic setting , the service is fantastic !! Can't wait to come back I forgot my key lime pie last week lol.

Reviewed December 7, 2011

The Lily Pond is by far the best food on the island. The sauce Luis makes is absolutely delicious and the bread Zac bakes is outstanding! We could not have asked for a better meal! We went back multiple times because nothing else ever compared to how delicious their food is. Although it is a little off the path from West End it is well worth finding! I would recommend this place to anyone who loves great food and a wonderful atmosphere!

Zac and Luis are so kind and welcoming. We were able to sit and talk in the kitchen while they cooked up our delicious meal. I look forward to coming back to Roatan and eating here again! I also plan to stay a night because the rooms are decorated so lovely.

1  Thank Meggnoelle
Reviewed November 7, 2011

This restaurant is one of those hidden gems, on the quiet part of West End. Highly recommend it. This time with a group we went for a meal, but I would love to come back with my husband and stay a few nights. The rooms look amazing and there are lots of unexpected inclusions in the price, plus it is such a peaceful and romantic setting.
The host Zac is great and a very friendly and genuine person, passionate about his life on Roatan, and Luis is an amazing chef.
I had the catch of the day that was done in a lovely blend of local and Indian spices, obviously done from scratch, and it was just perfect. I can tell it was all fresh and natural. The sizes of the portions are really good, and so are the sizes of the cocktails! They fill your glass of wine as it shouId be filled, and the rum drinks are tasty and large. I was really surprised by the price of the items on the menu, compared to other restaurants the Lily Pond´s prices are much more reasonable and the quality is so much better. These guys love what they do, which you can tell from the little details. Thanks Luis and Zac for a wonderful evening!

Reviewed October 8, 2011

WoW can these guys cook we had a wonderful supper here ...have the lobster , shrimp, fresh bread & salsa superb service , amazing place quite peaceful just Bliss !
My bf & I were here in may :)

Thanks Zac we shall cyu again in nov ...bringing my Hubby this time can't wait !!