“Best Food in Roatan”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 7, 2011

The Lily Pond is by far the best food on the island. The sauce Luis makes is absolutely delicious and the bread Zac bakes is outstanding! We could not have asked for a better meal! We went back multiple times because nothing else ever compared to how delicious their food is. Although it is a little off the path from West End it is well worth finding! I would recommend this place to anyone who loves great food and a wonderful atmosphere!

Zac and Luis are so kind and welcoming. We were able to sit and talk in the kitchen while they cooked up our delicious meal. I look forward to coming back to Roatan and eating here again! I also plan to stay a night because the rooms are decorated so lovely.

1  Thank Meggnoelle

Reviewed November 7, 2011

This restaurant is one of those hidden gems, on the quiet part of West End. Highly recommend it. This time with a group we went for a meal, but I would love to come back with my husband and stay a few nights. The rooms look amazing and there are lots of unexpected inclusions in the price, plus it is such a peaceful and romantic setting.
The host Zac is great and a very friendly and genuine person, passionate about his life on Roatan, and Luis is an amazing chef.
I had the catch of the day that was done in a lovely blend of local and Indian spices, obviously done from scratch, and it was just perfect. I can tell it was all fresh and natural. The sizes of the portions are really good, and so are the sizes of the cocktails! They fill your glass of wine as it shouId be filled, and the rum drinks are tasty and large. I was really surprised by the price of the items on the menu, compared to other restaurants the Lily Pond´s prices are much more reasonable and the quality is so much better. These guys love what they do, which you can tell from the little details. Thanks Luis and Zac for a wonderful evening!

Reviewed October 8, 2011

WoW can these guys cook we had a wonderful supper here ...have the lobster , shrimp, fresh bread & salsa superb service , amazing place quite peaceful just Bliss !
My bf & I were here in may :)

Thanks Zac we shall cyu again in nov ...bringing my Hubby this time can't wait !!

Reviewed September 15, 2011

My husband and i had a wonderful dinner at the Lily Pond. The ambiance is absolutely charming and the food is to die for. The chef Luis, prepared us a pasta dish (which was a special request of ours) and it's better than anything I've ever had in the states. The proprietor, Zac is on site to make sure your visit is nothing less than perfect. This was by far the best meal I've had in Roatan and there is no doubt that we will be back again and again. I highly recommend checking the Lily Pond out and they also have gorgeous rooms for rent that are so spacious and beautifully decorated. I can't say enough good things about this place!

Reviewed September 6, 2011

I actually did not stay at this bed and breakfast but I peeked in the rooms and they are absolutely beautiful. The area around is quiet, slightly off the beaten path and has an incredibly friendly staff. I went to have lunch and ordered the ceviche and I must say it was the best ceviche I've ever had! It was a good portion that had lobster, shrimp and snapper with lots of spices, tomatoes and onions. It is worth going to even just for a meal!

thelilypondhouse, Owner at Lily Pond House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2011

Thank you Thank you Thank you guy and everyone else for going to the trouble of sharing your experience with others. It is our pleasure to share our home , hotel , and restaurant with you all and we look forward to seeing new guests and clients all the time and for a long time to come. Keep up the good work with your reviews and we'll do our bit this end to continue sending you guys on your way content and happy with your time here on Roatan and at the LILY POND HOUSE RESTAURANT / HOTEL.
Regards. Zak and the crew.