“Beautiful and Delicious !”

Lily Pond House Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 63 Restaurants in West End
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Ottawa, Canada
“Beautiful and Delicious !”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

This was my second trip to Raotan and my first time here for dinner. I really missed out not coming here. Hidden and Tucked away, this place is nothing but majical. Outdoor dining on the deck - candles and torches lit up everywhere, eclectic decor, and soothing music coming out of nowhere. The owners and the cook are just charming ! We all loved them! And the food....well... YUM !!! We had the best bread in roatan and we all had the amazing seafood platter. What a way to start a wonderful vacation !

Would definitely consider this as B&B...loved this place and will be back !

David

West Bay, Honduras
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A little Jewel on Roatan!”
Reviewed August 28, 2011

As a full time resident of Roatan, I have enjoyed dining at Lily Pond House several times. Last nite's dinner was just so scrumptous I have to write this review. The service and greetings from hosts Zak and Luis are so friendly and welcoming and the selections for dinner all sounded wonderful so I chose the Sea Bass with Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Salad. For dessert, an incredible Rum Chocolate Cake served with Rum/Raisin Ice Creme...excellent! So if you are visiting Roatan and want great food, atmosphere in a Courtyard setting and a real treat....Dine at the Lily Pond House!!!

thelilypondhouse, Owner at Lily Pond House Restaurant, responded to this review, September 6, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words. It's so refreshing to turn on the PC and find that new review.
Thank you also for taking time to share your experience with others.
Regards.
The Lily Pond Crew.
Guatemala City, Guatemala
“Amazing, Amazing and Amazing!”
Reviewed August 10, 2011

I am a tour leader here in Central America so my job is to bring clients from Mexico all the way to Panama via Guatemala, Belize, Honduras and Nicaragua. Never have I returned to a restaurant so many times and enjoyed it like I have at the Lily Pond! I have sometimes fussy customers and the night we eat at the Lily Pond is at the end of a 12 hour travel day. We're tired, unsociable, cranky and in need of good food and alchol. Zac and Luis have never ever failed to accomodate us, going above and beyond everytime. Ambience, value for money, quality, quantity and consistency are all top notch. This simply is the best place in West End, actually I'm going to say it's the best place I frequent in Honduras, and my customers say exactly the same. Thank you Zac and thank you Luis for always helping me help my customers happy. Be happy with your hard work guys because YOUR Lily Pond is a paradise!

Hamilton
“Unbelievable Food!”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

The first time I attempted to go to the Lily Pond, I couldn't find it, which led me to eating at Beso's, one of my favorite restaurants in West End. However, I'm glad I decided to try and find them another time, because WOW was the food excellent. I had met Zach and Luis on an excursion and they told me about their little place, so I decided I must give it a try before leaving the island. I must say, it is absolutely up there with the best food I've had on the entire island!

We split the Fisherman's platter I believe it was called, and it included shrimp, lobster, fish and tons of garlicy butter sauce for it all. The marinades they used for the fish was the most unbelievable tasting thing I had...It was my favorite fish I had on the entire island, and the shrimp and lobster were cooked wonderfully and just as good.

I'd highly recommend visiting the Lily Pond house for dinner one night, as you surely won't be disappointed!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank DaCrup
Pinedale, Wyoming
“An oasis on the island”
Reviewed August 6, 2011

The food, atmosphere,and conversation with the owners are amazing. A trip to Roatan would not be complete without a visit to the Lily Pond Restaurant. Secluded yet close to all the action on the West End, the Lily Pond is a wonderful way to enjoy an evening with excellent food and drink and the owners can amuse you with stories and information about the island. I ate here for lunch and for dinner multiple times. The prices are extremely reasonable and the food is always fresh and well prepared. I was visiting the island solo but the Lily Pond is perfect for a romantic evening or you can sit with a group on the deck and enjoy the view.
The restaurant is also part of a bed and breakfast in a unique and well kept house within a garden of eden. Enjoy!! I can't wait to go back.

• Visited June 2011