Tripadvisor
West End
All reviews native sons shared kitchen private cabin mango house love hotel the main house dive shop hot water dorm style rooms jungle setting small cafe tropical garden budget accommodation interesting people breakfast and lunch local kids double and single bed
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

Just spent two weeks at Hotel Chili’s , really more like private bungalows than hotel rooms. A+ Staff headed by owners Michelle and Alvin they really have a great eye for detail so everything‘s been thought of already , so you can just be left alone in a really tranquil and peaceful setting., Beautifully landscaped serene beach side bungalows, really well-maintained and clean rooms and a super nice and thoughtful staff that are always there if you need anything but leave you alone which is what I liked . Thanks again Alvin and Michelle for your hospitality!
Mark S.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Michele A, Owner at Hotel Chillies, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2020

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. Thanks so much for the kind review.

Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

This was our 2nd stay here. Private cabins are clean and reasonably priced. Safe area everything you need is within walking distance. Very walkable hotel area,literally only about 3 steps on this premisis.
Hot water, fans and Wi-Fi ( but you should download movies ahead of time as you may need to be close to the office for internet service.Friendy staff, Great email communication for booking.
Awesome dive team!
We will be back for a 3rd and 4th stay!
Thank you Chilies!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Michele A, Owner at Hotel Chillies, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2020

Great to hear we will be seeing you again. Thanks for the wonderful review.

Reviewed January 4, 2020

My wife and I stayed in two different cabins over 4 days and really enjoyed our stay here. The cabins were just as described online. The gardens were beautiful and there is a small restaurant on ground for a great breakfast or lunch. The staff were very helpful- they give great suggestion, let you keep keys / valuables at the desk, and let us leave bags before check in when we went diving. There is a shared kitchen as well for those who wish to cook / store food.

Date of stay: December 2019

It was lovely to meet you both. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay. Best wishes for 2020.

Reviewed December 30, 2019

Accommodations like no other, in the West End! Jungle style huts, as you'd imagine this part of Roatan was, before hotels started becoming resort-style. Owner Mich responded to prior emails, personally, as opposed to the standard form responses I got back from other spots. My buddy and I don't need AC or TV, but want more than blank wall bunks, so we started with shared room cabins -but after attached neighbors left doors open and lights on (come on in, mosquitoes!) we opted for the $10 upgrade to private cabin. PERFECT! If we weren't travelling on the cheap, I would've upgraded to the MANGO SUITE (still a great price) that I walked by every day. Only other regret, is that my visit wasn't timed with harvest time for all the mango trees that are on site. Perfectly located close-in, but away from noisy nightlife. With SUNDOWNERS food/drinks across the street, Native Sons exceptional Dive services and YAHUNGREH's best brunch on premises, it's hard to find reasons to venture out! Owner/manager Mich is always around & available, office staff is super friendly & pleasant, and cleaning staff is quick & trustworthy! I'd originally planned on trying out other accommodations for the second week of my visit, but felt too much at home here, to bother. I'll definitely be back!

Room tip: Private cabins, closer in, even pick up hotel WiFi signal!
Date of stay: December 2019

Thank you so much for the detailed review. We really enjoyed your visit so I'm very happy that you enjoyed staying with us. Happy travels my friend.

Reviewed November 3, 2019 via mobile

We were really happy with our choice for Chillies. As backpackers we needed affordable accommodation on Roatan. It was nice that the Native Sons diveshop is just in front and so was their dive boat. Location in West End also good, everything within walking distance. We could use the communical kitchen which was basic but adequate. Really enjoyed our little hut, it was more comfortable than expected. The hammock in front was so nice, the fan cooled the room down more than enough and the shower had warm water. They even arranged to mail postcards for us.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Michele A, Owner at Hotel Chillies, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2019

I hope your friends and family got the postcards! Best wishes and happy travels.