“We will be back soon as possible!”
Review of The Beach House

The Beach House
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in West End
Reviewed April 26, 2011

This is a very nice little hotel with only four rooms and all with a big beach front balkony. No hotel in West End is placed that nice offering a great view over the Half Moon Bay. It' s is a perfect set up as a couple and very easy to stay in with kids as you don´t have to cross the road to go to the beach like you need to do from other hotels. The rooms are very large and charming with nice bathrooms. Breakfast is not included but they serve a very good breakfast. One of the rooms has a kitchen making it possible to cook (and save a lot of money on restaurants). You can by fresh shrimps, lobster, king crab etc. just in front of the hotel for no money.
The owners and staff are super nice and helpfull. We have stayed in other hotels in West End and West Bay but this is by far the best.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed January 23, 2011

I did not stay at the Beach House, but we had a fantastic lunch there (try the Cajun chicken sandwich.....yummy!) I want to pass on an experience I had in Roatan, I lost my passport and the owners of the resort we were staying at refused to telephone the bank where I thought my passport was. I had no telephone, so I visited the places in West End to see if I had dropped my passport. When I got to The Beach House Douglas and Tim took over, They were wonderful, sumpathetic, thoughtful and very helpful, They telephoned the bank for me and helped me recover my passport. On our next visit to Roatan we will most definitely stay at The Beach House....good food, great view, helpful and friendly staff,,whats not to like. Thankyou again, Douglas and Tim and the Spanish speaking carpenter!! Larraine (a grateful Canadian)

Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Larraine_11
Reviewed December 4, 2010

The beach house restaurant is a wonderful place to go for every meal. The staff are very accomadating and want you to enjoy your experience each time you go there. During my eight day stay I had breakfast there every morning. There are a wide variety of menu selections to choose from ( I highly recommend the island breakfast - my favorite) - and the help yourself to as much coffee as you can drink cannot be beat. Not only was the food delicious, the scenery from morning until nightime was breathtaking. In the evenings (by reservation) you can experience the most amazing sunsets and dining experience on the Island. Your evening starts with a breathtaking sunset, fine wine, and a beautiful table with soft lighting and island flowers. The food just keeps coming and each course is better than the next. The owner of the restaurant personally prepares the meal and strives to make the experience unique. I am going back to Roatan in January, one of my first missions is to make dinner reservations while I am having my island breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank trabell1195
Reviewed November 1, 2010

My friend and I had breakfast, lunch, and dinner and it was the best food eaten at our stay in Roatan. NY City Gourmet style cooking with at home environment. The chef even creates excellent dishes on the fly. Best restaurant service in town.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank iggyscuba
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Had the most beautiful lunch at the Beach House, Half Moon Bay. Doug made us a dinner that was probably one of the best I have ever eaten. The presentation is beautiful .

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank janicewilson111
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I didn't actually get to stay at the Beach House. After over a week of trying to book it, and even having the dive shop next door speak with someone there, I gave up.

Upon an initial email request they told me they had two rooms available. They quoted me a price above the one listed on the website so I asked for clarification as well as a few other questions, such as if the rooms had safes and private decks. It took three days, three emails, and even a request from the dive shop next door for them to respond. When they responded, they simply said the room was still available and asked if I would like it, not answering my questions nor addressing the price.

After two more days, they finally answered my question about the safe, but not about the price but made some cryptic comment inferring they wouldn't charge me tax. I said ok, that sounds good, let's book it. Then nothing.

After a week of trying to make a reservation, I give up. I think I sense the frustration that some of the other reviewers who stayed there mentioned about service being slow and indifferent - that's exactly what I experienced. It's a shame, the location is great and the rooms look beautiful, but really expensive for such indifferent service.

I decided to go with Cocolobo, they were extremely responsive and helpful as well as half the price. I'll write a review on them after the trip!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank nakedespresso
Reviewed August 11, 2010

We had a huge room with very confortable funiture. Very pretty. The staff was friendly but we were not at all impressed by the service. We didn't have money for the deposit so I gave them my credit card (stupid of me of course) which they promised to keep in a secure place. It took me 14 hours to get it back. They could not find it at first ;-(

The free internet never worked.

When we had questions we would several times sit in the reseption for 10 - 15 minutes before getting help. We skipped roomservice but asked to get garbage collected and have new towls. This too was SLOW...... but at least the staff was friendly and not at all unpleasant.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Xbalanque Resort
Xbalanque Resort
#8 of 14 in West Bay
Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort

Been to The Beach House? Share your experiences!