“Great dive shop!”

Native Sons Dive Shop
Ranked #8 of 34 Tours in West End
More attraction details
Owner description: Native Sons is the longest running dive shop in West End, under the same ownership. Set up in 1993, by local dive legend Alvin Jackson, Native Sons provides a 5 star service and has a spotless safety record. If you are looking for the best, most professional outfit, with the nicest boat in the Bay Islands, this is where you need to dive.
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I did my open water course with Native Sons at the end of December. I was also was there with a crew of 14 other divers/snorkelers. This is a great shop with great instructors who are patient and fun and always smiling. Very knowledgeable staff, I felt very confident and safe going through the course. They always gave a good orientation to the dive and looked after everyone before, during and after every dive. And on top of all this great stuff their prices are fantastic as well. Eddie, Alex and Allen were fantastic dive masters! Would never dive with anyone else (and will have a hard time finding another shop as great as this one).

There are newer reviews for Native Sons Dive Shop

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We recently spent 5 days in Roatan and had an excellent time diving with Native Sons. The guides were laid back but very knowledgable and safe. They have a great little refresher course that we started with (its been 3 years since our last dives) which was clear and concise. They pack your gear to and from the boat and have it all laid out for your dive. Underwater communication was clear and lots of interesting sea creatures were pointed out to us. If we are ever back in Roatan we will dive with Native Sons.

1  Thank Kelly N
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is my second year with the wonderful gang at Chillies and Native Sons Dive Shop, Mish, Alvin and of course Eddy , Alex and all the dive instructors who made the trip just so much fun and smooth. This is where I took my open then advanced dive courses, they made it easy and fun especially making it comfortable for me at the beginning, when I was a little apprehensive. Well they are so good that after two seasons I have over 90 dives to many wonderful dive sites, that Captain Tommy of the comfortable boat, Ubu Isti would bring us out to every day. Plus the assortment of people that go dive with Native Sons, are nice and easy going, most with many dive experiences, so it is fun for the advanced diver, as it is for a newcomer.
I never stayed at the Chillies Hotel , but all that I spoke to were very happy with their experience.
Jean MTL

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have logged over 1000 dives including the most popular sites in the Caribbean but had never been to Roatan. I randomly found Native Sons through an internet search targeting dive shops owned and operated by locals. We came into town for one day from the Norwegian Jewel cruise ship and they were not expecting us. Yet the receptionist, Liliana, made us feel right at home. Mish, one of the owners, came into the shop and introduced herself making sure we were taken care of and comfortable with the arrangements for the day. Their boat was nice, clean and dive sites from their location on West End were incredible. Impressive fish populations in the marine preserve with loggerhead turtle, staghorn coral, giant moray eels, swim-throughs full of 10,000 silver sides and clear blue high vis water! The staff were all super friendly and gave us first class personalized service! I would recommend this dive shop to anyone looking for the ultimate Caribbean experience and plan to head back again soon for a longer stay.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was my first trip to Roatan. I went with a dive group (It was my first dive trip ever!) and it was beyond my expectations.
The owners of Native Sons as well as their children are friendly, kind and very giving people.
Alvin and Michelle go out of their way to make it a great experience.
They are very involved in their community and truly have very caring hearts.
Michelle spent her time organizing a trip to the local school so I could bring art supplies and teach art to the children. They also collect school supplies and with their children, distribute them to the local children.
I found the equipment to be in perfect order and their dive masters were very personable, caring, knowledgeable and professional. They want to make each person have the best experience possible and go out of their way to insure that happens. It was such a wonderful experience and the dives were absolutely amazing, we saw an incredible amount of sea life on each dive as well as caves and fascinating swim throughs. I definitely would like to do this trip on a yearly basis! There were hugs of thanks and goodbyes when we left from and for every member of our group.
While we did not stay at the hotel, the atmosphere is gorgeous with beautiful gardens all around.
West End is the place to truly experience the atmosphere of Roatan Island, the friendliness of the people, experiences it has to offer and beauty that is there. My first stop would be at Native Sons!

Fishymishy, Owner at Native Sons Dive Shop, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

It was a pleasure to have you diving with us and I am so glad that you enjoyed it. I have a feeling we will be seeing next year. Hasta la vista!