“Well established company who truly care for the reef”

Native Sons Dive Shop
Ranked #6 of 35 Tours in West End
More attraction details
Owner description: Native Sons is the longest running dive shop in West End, under the same ownership. Set up in 1993, by local dive legend Alvin Jackson, Native Sons provides a 5 star service and has a spotless safety record. If you are looking for the best, most professional outfit, with the nicest boat in the Bay Islands, this is where you need to dive.
Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Well established company who truly care for the reef”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Awesome staff, great boat, owned by a couple who devote much of their time to helping preserve and maintain the amazing reefs that surround the island. They love what they do and it shows! Allan, also a photo journalist, took some great photos of me while diving - what a bonus. Thanks Allan! I did the wreck dives and night dive which are a must do, they were the highlight of my trip. I completed my PADI Open Water and Advanced Open Water with them and enjoyed the whole experience. Thanks for the great dives, you guys are the best.

Visited April 2013

Fridley, Minnesota
“The best dive shop on Roatan”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I am a new diver but over the past 5 years the diving with Native Sons has been great. Besides the great staff and owners you really fell like your business really matters to them. They take great pains to make sure you have fun and are safe,reguardless of your skill level. Every year when I return to Roatan and Native Sons ,they make me feel like I have come home and are glad Ive come back. The are just a great dive shop to dive with, the BEST

Visited February 2013
Oregon
“Another Fabulous Dive Vacation with Native Sons”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We first experienced Native Sons and their fantastic staff in 2008 when three members of my family got certified with them. We were back in 2010 with another kiddo to certify and my best friend. (I want to make sure I never run out of dive buddies!) Just returned from out third trip and it was wonderful. First off, I felt very safe with them on each and every dive. I felt very comfortable leaving my kids in their capable hands and my kids (now teenagers) are loving the diving. At 12 years old my son told me he felt like he had been given the keys to a whole new world. Awesome!

Out divemasters on this trip were Eddie, Alex and Fiona. They were all wonderful and so patient. Eddie remembered us from a previous trip and we were welcomed back like old friends. Allan and Vivian were great as well and helped us feel comfortable knowing they were in the back, looking out for us. We were always in smallish groups and really enjoyed the divemasters pointing out all of the amazing creatures we couldn't always spot on our own. I felt like we were a little more adventurous on this trip, yet always felt safe and comfortable.

On one of our dives, a diver got a little panicky and Eddie calmly took her hand and held it through the dive so she felt comfortable. Very sweet! It saved her dive and she was very grateful for the reassurance.

Mish was welcoming and friendly (as always) and even answered our ridiculous diving questions. Thank you Mish!

The worst thing about diving with Native Sons is the fact that we always have to leave and go home! So I sit, looking out at the Oregon rain, and dream of my being underwater with my friends at Native Sons. We will be back and highly recommend this great dive shop to anyone who visits beautiful Roatan.

Visited April 2013
Fishymishy, Owner at Native Sons Dive Shop, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
It was our pleasure, as always, to have your lovely family and friends diving with us. Please keep up the ridiculous dive questions. They keep my life interesting! Sorry to hear getting home wasn't so good but it probably means we will get to see you sooner!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“THE BEST PLACE TO DIVE ON ROATAN”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have dove with several other dive shops not only on Roatan but also Mexico and the Dominacan Republic. I have to say that Native Sons in West End, Roatan is by far the best. From the boat capitan Tommy, to the dive staff Alex and Eddy and the others, to the owners Alvin and Misch. Nothing but Thanks for making my month long dive experience the best that it could have been. They treat every diver reguargless of experience level like they are there only customer. They give you 100% of there attention to make sure you are safe and that you have a great diving experience. I am counting the days till I can get back to Native Sons in Feb of 2014

Visited February 2013
Vernon, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Diving Roatan with Native Sons”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We dove with Native Sons from March 6- 10th. This was our 3rd trip to Roatan and
2nd with Native Sons in 4 years.....it is consistantly good diving and good viz in Roatan.
My wife and I recertified with Native Sons 4 years ago and found their staff and teaching
wonderful ( especially Alex ) They have great gear and an awesome dive boat and we found
their relaxed but professional style much to our liking.....a very high quality operation. We returned this last March with our son and were not disappointed....it was like returning home
to family !......more great diving with a great operation. When we undoubtedly return to Roatan
for more diving in the next 2 years it will be with Native sons