“Cruise Ship Excursion - open water PADI certification (referral letter) dives 3 & 4”

Native Sons Dive Shop
Ranked #6 of 34 Tours in West End
More attraction details
Owner description: Native Sons is the longest running dive shop in West End, under the same ownership. Set up in 1993, by local dive legend Alvin Jackson, Native Sons provides a 5 star service and has a spotless safety record. If you are looking for the best, most professional outfit, with the nicest boat in the Bay Islands, this is where you need to dive.
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My friend and I booked our dives 3 and 4 with Native Sons dive shop (thru shore trips website). Our dive instructor Alex Harper-Brown was very thorough, calm, direct, very knowledgable, and very experienced. She was an excellent instructor and my friend Marilyn and I really enjoyed our dives with her. Words cannot express how beautiful the marine life was - Alex wrote down some of the species so we could include them on our log.

The equipment was well cared for, and I will gladly recommend this shop too my friends!

Thank you so much Alex, and I hope you have a happy new year!

All reviews
"great staff"
in 10 reviews
"these folks"

Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Short walk from the shop to the boat. Dive sites were beautiful and the divemasters were very knowledgeable. Will definitely dive with them again when I return to this beautiful island.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We chartered a boat for 18 of us that arrived on a Carnival Cruise. We had a mixture of divers and snorkelers, ages 11-82, and we all had a great time. A van picked us up near the cruise ship dock (note that we had a 10-min. walk to the van as Carnival only allows certain taxis/vans into their lot). We drove about 20 min. to the dive shop, got our gear, then drove to another location ( I think because the water was calmer on one side of the island). We went to 2 dive sites. There was shallow water for the snorkelers, as well as a wall for the divers. Lots of fish and coral to see, beautiful weather, warm water, couldn't ask for more. Great alternative to what the cruise lines offer.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Great dive shop with good equipment and competent staff. Fiona and Eddy are a lot of fun and also know their stuff. Roatan is an awesome place to dive and the prices were unbeatable (especially if you stay at Chillie's Hotel). We saw so many fish, turtles, and other marine life. Alvin, one of the owners, grew up on Roatan and is very involved with the Marine Park. I chose Native Sons because it was locally owned and because of their commitment to conservation - so glad I did! The dive sites are out in the bay, less than 10 minutes by boat so you return to shore between and have time to grab a snack or whatever. We wanted to do a night dive so one was arranged for the first night we were there. The bioluminesence was amazing, and Fiona even found us an octopus. Felt very comfortable diving with Native Sons and hope to come back.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 13, 2012

I also had the pleasure of doing my dive certification here at native sons. Native sons and the staff at chillies made my trip as amazing as it could have possibly been. Eddie took my two friends and I out for the entire week, he was an amazing instructor- It was very comforting to dive 100ft down knowing that Eddie was there. From what i saw from the other instructors at Native sons, they all seemed to be great as well and very friendly.

my friends and i decided on native sons due to the great reviews and we were definitely not disappointed. If you are going to Roatan then dive with Native Sons!