“Excellent PADI courses with great underwater life”

Native Sons Dive Shop
Ranked #7 of 34 Tours in West End
More attraction details
Owner description: Native Sons is the longest running dive shop in West End, under the same ownership. Set up in 1993, by local dive legend Alvin Jackson, Native Sons provides a 5 star service and has a spotless safety record. If you are looking for the best, most professional outfit, with the nicest boat in the Bay Islands, this is where you need to dive.
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We conducted the three-days PADI Open Water diver at Native Sons in September 2012. Our dive instructor was very knowledgable, funny and made us feel safe and at ease on our first dives. Prices are also good and dive sites offer a great variety of sea life. Our instructor made sure we went to different dive sites, we saw turtles and he explained to us the different kinds of fish.
Highly recommended

Fishymishy, Owner at Native Sons Dive Shop, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

I'm so glad you had a good time here with us. You and Dominique were great students. I hope you come back again sometime to dive with us again. Until then happy travels.

There are newer reviews for Native Sons Dive Shop

Reviewed October 5, 2012

I recently went to Roatan to complete my open water diving certificate! I went with Native sons because of all the postive reviews and I was told they were the best. We were lucky enough to get the Trip-Advisor celebrity, Eddie, as our dive master. He showed me and my two friends loads of stuff underwater and knew exactly where to find loads of different fish. I ended up sticking around and finishing my advanced with him. He is extremely patient and super chillin.

The cool part about Native sons was that we could put on our gear in the shop and then walk across the road (15 yards, maybe) and get into the boat. It only took about 10 minutes in the boat to get to amazing dive sites and after every dive you could hang out on the white sand, turquoise water beaches for the rest of the day. I was into the chill time and the dives were amazing. I usually get sea sick but the boat rides were so short that was never an issue. Super fun man, Native Sons has a sweet setup and I would use them again when I return to Roatan. Buenos!

We now refer to Eddie as The Legend! Great title! I'm so glad you had a good time here with us. Come back sometime to visit.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stayed at Posada Arco Iris and was referred to Native Sons for my PADI open water certification. I'm so glad they sent me there- not only was it really convenient (two doors down from the hotel), but the instructors were all fantastic. Fiona did my certification and was a knowledgeable, patient teacher as well as a funny, nice person who I liked hanging out with. I dove with the other instructors as well -- Alex and Eddie, along with Deja, who was getting her divemaster cert and went on all the dives with us -- and they were all great. Each instructor was a super competent diver who took me to a new dive site each time and always helpfully pointed out everything they saw underwater. By the end of the week, I had completed my certification and five additional dives and felt really confident in the water.

If and when I return to Roatan, I will definitely dive with them again.

I'm so glad you enjoyed your time on Roatan. We all enjoyed having you around. Come back again one day.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I stayed at Chillies for almost 3 weeks in August 2012 and had e great time there.
The room was not too big but clean and nice for the price. I think the cabins are even better and not much more expensive. The beach is right across the street and Sundowner's is a nice place for a beer in the evening.
The staff is helpful if you need something and the bookshop is a nice thing for travellers who already went through their books.

Diving with Native Sons was one of my best diving so far. The instructors and divemasters are very friendly and know what they're doing. There are so many different dive sites and they always seem to find the best one for that day. (I made 35 dives with them and saw many different things and never had a bad dive.) The boats are nice, fast, and serving their purpose as dive boats.

I had a great time with Native Sons and hope to go back in 2013.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife and I and some friends stayed with hotel Chillies 8/19 - 8/27/12. We rented one of there cabins that is nestled on the hill side with mango and palm trees. It was very nice to come back to after a day of diving or a few drinks at the restruant across the street on the beach. I dove with Native Sons every day. The crew is awsome. Thanks for the great time Eddie , Alex and Fiona. They made diving all to easy. The boat is located right across the street on the beach. They would store my gear for me at night and load it on the boat in the morning. One less thing to worry about when your on vacation. We did some fishing with one of the local captains Arthur. We caught some fish and and had a cook out at the hotel. Thanks to the owners Mish and Alvin who let us borrow a grill and use the tables and chairs. We invited the entire staff and it made for a great night. Thanks again for making my vacation great. Dar and Nina