“Great food. Service was nice but a bit slow.”
Review of Lobster Pot

Lobster Pot
Ranked #35 of 64 Restaurants in West End
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed June 16, 2009

On a recommendation we took a water taxi from West Bay beach to The Lobster Pot for dinner. We were the first ones at the restaurant at 6:30pm, which I thought meant the food would be iffy. (The theory being that the better restaurants always have diners.) The waitress let us pick from dining on the deck or dining at one of several tables set up below the massive almond tree in the yard in view of the water. We took the deck. She brought us menus and bug spray (it was that time of night) which we thought was very considerate. The drinks were good but it took almost 50 minutes for dinner to be served. Since we were the first patrons, the cook hadn't put beans or rice on yet and our meal had to wait. The food was worth the wait and the restaurant offered a free dessert because it took so long for the food. Our water taxi waited and we tipped a few extra bucks. It was a good dining experience overall.

1  Thank ChillingInMN
There are newer reviews for Lobster Pot

Reviewed May 3, 2009

My review is going to be a lot different than the other ones currently posted here. We went there and yes, the setting is cute and the employees are nice. The food, however, is not worth the price they charge for. It was too buttery and too salty. I am usually easy going when it comes to restaurants and cuisines. My expectations from the reviews were high, and I was very disappointed.

Reviewed March 29, 2009

We just returned from Roatan, and we ate here 3 times...excellent is all that I can say. I had the buttered rum shrimp the last time, and it was all I could do not to lick the plate! LOL! Agree with other reviewers: ladies working there were super sweet and happy, food was excellent, and the setting was beautifully perfect. Go there!!!

Reviewed March 28, 2009

The Lobster Pot is such a wonderful restaurant: a beautiful setting, gracious and lovely service, and amazing food.

There are tables on the porch of the restaurant and tables out in the sand, under the palm trees. We always ate on the porch and enjoyed the beautiful view of the sandy 'yard' and the ocean beyond. The breeze was nice, and there was usually music in the background. Another reviewer commented on "island time" in terms of the service, but we never had that experience. We ate at Lobster Pot for 3 dinners and 2 breakfasts during our 6-day stay on Roatan, and our food was always delivered without delay, and always with grace and smiles.

But the food.....yes eat the coconut bread french toast if you eat breakfast there (and you should). Breakfast comes with coffee and fresh OJ. I don't know exactly how they do it, but the french toast is so crunchy and crisp on the outside. For dinner, the lobster and shrimp were delicious, and the salads were great too. Dessert is complimentary - "on the house," as they say - and is not to be missed. The cold lemon pie (sometimes called key lime pie by different servers) will make your eyes dance. I don't have a single thing to say about the Lobster Pot except my wife and I loved it and we miss it and we'll go back every time we go to Roatan.

2  Thank Marc_Lori
Reviewed March 11, 2009

It’s about a 5 minute walk along the beach outside of the town of West End (on the way towards West Bay) that is situated on the patio of a private plantation. VERY good and cute setting. Great lobster omelette for breakfast/brunch! The wife will love the ambiance at dinner. Even if it looks dark because of a power outage, still go…sooo good!

1  Thank SEANinSoCal

Been to Lobster Pot? Share your experiences!