“Awesome dive location”
Review of Tyll's Dive

Tyll's Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: At Tyll's Dive we dive in small groups focusing on personal attention and safety. We plan the dives for the day based on your preferences. Choose to dive on the wreck, explore the canyons, drift along the point or simply enjoy the diversity of Roatan's aquatic life. Coming in on a cruise ship and worried about time? No need to, the reef is only a few minutes away by boat. If some in your group are not divers but avid snorkelers, they are welcome on our boat. If you require accommodations while diving with us, we will make every effort to help you find a place that will meet your budget and needs, For you free spirited travelers you can just show up, drop your bags at the Dive Shop and find your own accommodations. Check with Dorte for availability for your next Roatan getaway. Help us support the Roatan Marinpark and protect the reef.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I've dove in many different locations and have always looked forward to diving in Roatan. It was not disappointing, it was awesome.. This dive shop doesn't have much "curb appeal" but don't let that sway you away. Our dive was AWESOME, my wife snorkeled while I dove and they took her to great snorkel locations and never left her side. The dive masters with us were awesome, we came on NCL cruise and booked this separate. We have already booked next years cruise and will be going back to Tyll's to dive again.

Tyllsdive, Manager at Tyll's Dive, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Thank you so much. Glad you both enjoyed the diving and snorkeling here. Looking forward to see you again next year. Email us with dates.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

A tiny friendly dive shop, very professional at the same time. If you want to feel at home and not be treated like another wallet in the line – come here – you will make new friends and you will leave this place with a strong desire to come back again. Here I did one of my certification dives with Tess – she approached the pre-dive learning part very seriously, making sure I understood all the important points, but without any coach-student attitude, we just sat together walking through all the questions, coming back and repeating if I didn’t get it right at first trial. I would have been happy to finish my certification with the same dive master.
I can recommend this dive shop and Tess as your instructor without any reservation. I wish them all good luck and many good customers.
They speak several languages, by the way – check their website.

Thank you for your words, it means a lot to us as being a small dive shop, not getting hundreds of reviews, because we stay small, but appreciate every review that is honest. I hope you will carry on and get certified and one day come back for more diving. We will be happy to see you back.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

My two teenage boys and I spent the week diving with Tyll's Dive Shop and had an incredible experience. First off, we are all new to the sport with the boys experiencing their first ocean dives with Tyll's. I specifically was looking for a shop that would provide a small and personal experience and so I emailed a number of dive shops in the West End. Dorte was extremely responsive and answered all of my many questions - and there were many emails back and forth - very quickly and thoroughly. When I told here I was looking for a small operation with personal attention for the new divers she assured me that would be the case and Tyll's didn't disappoint.

Over three days we did 8 dives plus a refresher dive. Jo and Will were our divemasters over the three days and they were excellent. Very patient and really focused on making sure we were safe and comfortable in the water. When we came back to the boat they were always ready with a couple of pointers to help us improve our technique and the experience. Exactly what we were looking for. And our captain, Samuel, was excellent. He was able to spot marine life as we were going out and back to the dive sites. We saw turtles and rays on top of the water and almost had an encounter with a whale shark!

Overall it was a great experience. I am sure there are a number of good dive shops in the West End but I will never know for sure as I will always be coming back to Tyll's! Thanks Dorte and Uwe, now the boys and I are hooked on diving! See you soon.

1  Thank Rich B

Thank you for sharing you and the boys experience. It was a good fun week. Just went too fast. You all improved so much and left as much more comfortable divers. Was nice to see. Hope to see you back on a next boys diving trip. So many more dive sites to explore.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

My daughter and I did Tyll's Discover Scuba learn-and-then-dive program. Instructor Jo was wonderful; pacing her teaching to match our skill level and building confidence. Lots of attention to safety. Our reef dive was stunning. We arranged in advance, based on other positive reviews. Dorte was superb in making the booking and coped with a change in the day the ship arrived. Overall, great value, good people, laid-back yet careful, fun and safety conscious.

Thank you, it was great to see father and daughter having a great time together visiting a whole new world underwater. Being this small mom and pop shop we are able to be flexible and it makes it even easier when the communication flow works well.
Hope to see you back. You know where to find us.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I showed up at Tylls unannounced wanting to do several fun dives. Phil, Tess, Vincent and Dorte were extremely flexible with their schedule and took extra time to help me with new gear I had purchased. I had not been diving in 9 months so they did a great refresher and led some awesome dives. They are a really friendly and professional dive shop where you will gets lots of attention in small groups.

It was a pleasure having your diving with us and get you familiar with your new equipment. Wish you had time for more diving, but non divers wants you attention too. Next time, okay? Thanks for sharing your experience.