“Tyll's Dive- Can't wait to go again!”
Review of Tyll's Dive

Tyll's Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: At Tyll's Dive we dive in small groups focusing on personal attention and safety. We plan the dives for the day based on your preferences. Choose to dive on the wreck, explore the canyons, drift along the point or simply enjoy the diversity of Roatan's aquatic life. Coming in on a cruise ship and worried about time? No need to, the reef is only a few minutes away by boat. If some in your group are not divers but avid snorkelers, they are welcome on our boat. If you require accommodations while diving with us, we will make every effort to help you find a place that will meet your budget and needs, For you free spirited travelers you can just show up, drop your bags at the Dive Shop and find your own accommodations. Check with Dorte for availability for your next Roatan getaway. Help us support the Roatan Marinpark and protect the reef.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Salinas, California, United States
“Tyll's Dive- Can't wait to go again!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My mom has been diving over 30 years and recommended I try it with Tyll's in Roatan. I had been snorkeling and free diving so took the introduction to SCUBA to see how I'd like it. I was hooked from my first dive and continued to get Open Water certified. Dorte and Uwe are very easy going and everything was done at my own pace and with no pressure. My Divemaster Kelvin is a local who is very patient and knows the area very well. After the Open Water course there was time for a couple more dives before my week was up and we did a deep dive to El Aguila shipwreck and a swim through of a cave at Blue Channel. There were new sights on every dive, warm clear water and so much to see! Prices are very reasonable. I only regret not having gone sooner, and not having stayed longer. I'm sure I will travel and dive in other places but it will be hard to match this experience!

Visited October 2013
Tyllsdive, Manager at Tyll's Dive, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you so much for finding the time for writing this review. It was wonderful to finally meet you and being able to spend time with your mom. From not being sure about getting certified, your big smile after dive one was very rewarding for us all.
Hope to see you back with your son when he will be old enough to try scuba diving.

Roslyn, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“dive shop”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

a friendly and nice especially for people traveling alone. You are not alone for long soon you have nice friends. Dorte and Ewe are super nice.

Visited February 2013
Tyllsdive, Manager at Tyll's Dive, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for your nice words. We will look forward to see you again in February.
Cottonwood, Arizona
“Best Dive Shop in the West End!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I just got back from a wonderful week in Roatan. We dove with Tyll's and this was the best dive vacation ever thanks to Mel, the master of finding the good stuff! Dorte and Ewe were more than accommodating and really made us feel welcome. Sam the boat captain was great even though he had to drive the slow boat while we were there. :-). They cater to smaller groups and let us dive based on our skill level. This was the best dive vacation we have ever had and we owe it all to Tyll's! We can't wait to go back!!

Visited October 2013
Tyllsdive, Manager at Tyll's Dive, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your review and staying in touch after you got back home to a busy schedule. It was a great fun week. Mel really enjoyed the dives with you.Was easy going and she could point out all sorts of interesting stuff.
Hope to see you back on Roatan for another best vacation ever!!! But this time diving from the fast boat.
Baltimore, Maryland
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dive with Tyll's!!!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We met up with family members to celebrate our anniversaries together and do some diving. I am the most inexperienced of the group, but that did not matter. The staff at Tyll’s are fantastic-they seem very close-knit . They do small groups, so it was great that it was just 5 people and the dive master on our dives. Each dive gave us a chance to see something different. Mel is an excellent dive master. She consistently briefed us on each dive site, including diagrams of the site, and relevant hand signals (beyond what you learn in basic scuba), and was great at keeping my nervousness to a minimum. We wish we could have stayed longer and done more dives, because there were so many sites to check out. I hope we get a chance to go back, and if we do, we’ll dive with the folks at Tyll’s. The price per dive was very reasonable. But as of August 2013, they could not take credit card payments, so be sure to set aside enough cash. It will be money well spent.

Visited August 2013
Tyllsdive, Manager at Tyll's Dive, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
So happy to read your review. I was usually the most inexperienced diver on our first dive trips and can relate to you. Appreciated small groups and a bit more attention to make me feel at ease in the water. That is one of the reasons why we stay the little mom and pop shop (somebody described us like that). Wish you could have done more diving on this trip, but there will be another anniversary or get together to make a reason to come back.
Thank you, it was very nice to meet you all.
Ruidoso, New Mexico
“Great Diving”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed for 11 days and dove with Tylls 7 times. When they say small groups they are not kidding. There were never more than six of us including the dive master, Mel. We watched dive boats from other shops loaded with a dozen or more people head out of the bay. Mel was great to dive with because my sister in-law was unsure of herself at first and Mel was adept at making her comfortable. Saw some incredible things including the largest stingray I've ever seen. Management was relaxed and easy going about scheduling dives. I feel like we made some nice friends while we were there.

Visited August 2013
Tyllsdive, Manager at Tyll's Dive, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
It was very nice to meet you and we were glad you liked the flexible schedule requested from our other divers.
But the most important is you all enjoyed the diving. Mel is great. You should have a link to the photos now.
Thank you for the review and the support you gave to me. We would be happy to see you back here.