“Worry free fun with Tyll's diving shop”
Review of Tyll's Dive

Tyll's Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: At Tyll's Dive we dive in small groups focusing on personal attention and safety. We plan the dives for the day based on your preferences. Choose to dive on the wreck, explore the canyons, drift along the point or simply enjoy the diversity of Roatan's aquatic life. Coming in on a cruise ship and worried about time? No need to, the reef is only a few minutes away by boat. If some in your group are not divers but avid snorkelers, they are welcome on our boat. If you require accommodations while diving with us, we will make every effort to help you find a place that will meet your budget and needs, For you free spirited travelers you can just show up, drop your bags at the Dive Shop and find your own accommodations. Check with Dorte for availability for your next Roatan getaway. Help us support the Roatan Marinpark and protect the reef.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Austin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Worry free fun with Tyll's diving shop”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We came in on a cruise ship, they offered to pick us up from the ship but thinking we could get there cheaper and faster we opted to hire a taxi. Let them pick you up!! They offered to do it for $40, the taxi charged us $60. Lesson learned. I wanted to snorkel while my husband dove, something the ship won't allow unless you pay full price for both. Tyll's only charged me $10. snorkel. If the weather is bad that day or you can't make it, don't worry, they don't charge a deposit
It was fabulous! It is not a fancy place but they were fun and took us to a great spot. My husband had not been diving for years and they reviewed everything with him and were very patient
We saw sea turtles, eels and more fish than we could count. Don't worry about getting back to the ship. They will keep an eye on the time for you. Dive with Tyll's...you won't regret it.

Visited February 2013
Tyllsdive, Manager at Tyll's Dive, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
So appreciate you review and kind words. You are right, we are not the fancy dive center, but this does not affect safety and service which comes as a priority.
So glad to hear you both had a good time and hope to see you again.

colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“our 4th visit to Roatan and Tyll's”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We spent 18 nights on the island and dove with Tyll's 16 times. This was our 4th time diving with the shop. The managers, Dorte and Uwe seem to be able to attract the finest staff and eclectic customers I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. The shop is a hole in the wall, but don't let that fool you, everything is very professional. The dive groups are small, the dive masters are great and Samuel the boat captain is the best. If you believe in magic and magnetism this island and dive shop have it.

Visited March 2013
Tyllsdive, Manager at Tyll's Dive, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review. You first trip to Roatan has turned into a tradition and every year we get to know each other better. It was indeed some fantastic magic weeks when you were here. Thank you again for being loyal to us and becoming good friends.
Derry
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Excellent!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I chose Tyll's to do my Advanced Open Water in February this year particularly because I liked the idea of a smaller operator and a more personal touch. Dorte was great to deal with, answering emails promptly and she also recommended our accomodation which suited us well. I wasn't sure of when we would arrive in Roatan and when I randomly showed up at the diveshop I was able to join a group for a fun dive an hour later and started my AOW the next morning. I didn't even have any money on me but it was no problem to pay in a few installments as we could get it (bring US dollars people - Euros are an alien currency and the ATM machine ran out of Lempiras!) My divemaster was Italian Luca, and I had him all to myself which was ideal. He was an excellent instructor - engaged, encouraging, very willing and able to explain how or why and with his constant and gentle correction I couldn't believe how rapidly I improved over the course of 5 dives. I particularly found the Peak Performance Bouyancy dive of great value (this was strongly recommended as a good one to start with by both Dorte and Luca). I felt much more co-ordinated, confident and my fast air consumption rate (which had been bothering me after my Open Water course) is completely sorted now. The friendly, good humoured and helpful attitude of Tyll's and everyone associated with them made me feel very much at home and I highly recommend their services to anyone thinking of diving in Roatan, particularly if you want to learn to dive or improve your skills. Thanks!

Visited February 2013
Tyllsdive, Manager at Tyll's Dive, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you so much. It was a pleasure having you at Tyll's Dive. Really appreciate your advise to other travelers about Euros not being an easy travel currency over here. This is something we should mention on the webpage for European travelers.
Hope you got to do more diving after leaving Roatan if not then great adventures.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Wonderful dive experience via cruise ship”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We are avid cruisers, and always looking for dive shops that will help make our dive experience exceptional with our one day stay on various islands. Dorte and her staff at Tyll's made our experience in January wonderful. Exceptional dive masters, wonderful set up, and friendly faces. We loved the experience so much in January, that we just booked another dive trip for March!

Visited January 2013
Tyllsdive, Manager at Tyll's Dive, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your nice words. Really appreciated
We too are looking forward to see you both again end of March for
more diving.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Friendliest Dive Shop”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Tyll's Dive is small, which means it feels more personal than other dive shops in town. The staff and instructors became my new family during my visit to West End, Roatan. I was very happy to have picked Tyll's Dive over the other dive shops in the area.

Visited December 2012