“Diving that fits you”
Review of Tyll's Dive

Tyll's Dive
More attraction details
Owner description: At Tyll's Dive we dive in small groups focusing on personal attention and safety. We plan the dives for the day based on your preferences. Choose to dive on the wreck, explore the canyons, drift along the point or simply enjoy the diversity of Roatan's aquatic life. Coming in on a cruise ship and worried about time? No need to, the reef is only a few minutes away by boat. If some in your group are not divers but avid snorkelers, they are welcome on our boat. If you require accommodations while diving with us, we will make every effort to help you find a place that will meet your budget and needs, For you free spirited travelers you can just show up, drop your bags at the Dive Shop and find your own accommodations. Check with Dorte for availability for your next Roatan getaway. Help us support the Roatan Marinpark and protect the reef.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Toronto, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Diving that fits you”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

May 2012 is the third time I've spent a week diving with Tyll's and each time it gets better. Uwe and Dorte have a small shop that specializes in giving their guests the kind of attention that is hard to find anywhere else in the dive world. I've done over 40 dives with them and never had more than 3 divers with our dive master. Sam the boat captain is hardworking, friendly and widely respected for his skill. Whether you are a seasoned diver or newly certified, you can trust everyone at Tyll's to make sure you are having a safe, relaxed and wonderful experience.

Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Another great week at Tyll's”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

My buddy Kal and I just spent a week diving with Tyll's. This was my second trip -- the first was in March 2011. As a measure of how much I enjoyed it last year, for the first time ever I returned to the same destination for a dive trip. This was partly on the basis of great diving (the quality and variety of sites around West End is high) but mostly on the basis of how Dorte and Uwe run their shop: *small* groups, great divemaster (Anna!), great boat captain (Sam!) and super-friendly and welcoming atmosphere. If you want a relaxing, fun, family-style operation, then Tyll's can't be beat.

1 Thank TdotDave
Arlington, Texas
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fun People Amazing Diving”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

The DM Anna was amazing and knowledgable. She took her job seriously but had fun doing it. Uwe and Dorte were kind and attentive and Dorte made sure to answer any questions I had and promptly. I cannot say enough about the operation and Sam the boat captain was a blast. If I were to make changes to this operation I would have better rinse tanks and not have all the cigarette smoking within the operation. It is not a big thing but I hate cigarette smoke. If that does not matter to you and you don't mind a small operations then go with them, they were great and did the dive sites we wanted to do. Oh, don't use their bathroom, it is very rustic.

1 Thank Kelldan2667
Tyllsdive, Manager at Tyll's Dive, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your review and your fantastic words about our staff, our little dive operation and the diving.
Also appreciate your suggestions and will work on those aspects. When we can reinvest we always have to carefully make priorities.
Hope to see you all again next year.
Burleson, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Glad I chose Tyll's”
Reviewed April 20, 2012

I am so glad I chose Tyll's for the first dive since my certification.Anna my dive master was awsome!
She made me feel so comfortable,safe and confident that I made the right choice with Tyll's.Anna has a great personality and knowledge of the marine life there.My equipment was in good shape.Dorte was very helpful answering our questions and e-mails.A small operation with a personal touch.I hope to dive with them again sometime.
Anna your the best!! You made my trip. Thanks.

Visited April 2012
Callander, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A relaxed experience!”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

Right from the start, many months in advance, I could tell that Tyll's was the dive shop for us. Dorte (owner) was most prompt with requests for information and very enthusiastic to ensure we were comfortable with all the details. Our small group had Discovery divers, experienced divers and some that were in the process of certification and we weren't sure whether that would happen in time for the trip. Dorte assured us that she would accommodate us all and and never failed to invite any other questions we might have.
When we arrived to Mahogany Bay, a driver was there waiting for us to take us to the shop about 25 min. away. The narrow dirt road and little tin roof shops huddled along the shoreline was a typical, laid back, Caribbean setting. No pretenses here...just living day by day and taking life as it comes among the locals. Dorte was there to greet us like we were family (after 25 or so emails) and set us up with our gear. This is not one of those assembly line operations that have so many divers they have to rush through the process. We were only 6 in total and were able to go out as a private group. It was very casual and our Discovery and certified group were united on our second dive. The dive sites seem unlimited and among the best I've seen given the relatively shallow dive chosen to suit our combined experience levels.
You don't hear of too many business deals confirmed with a "hand shake" anymore but that's the way this went down...I was wondering if anybody would be there when we arrived....but Dorte is the real deal...a genuinely nice person. Thanks

Visited December 2011