Casa del Sol
Splash Inn Dive Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
$74
The Beach House(West End)
$175
Cocolobo(West End)(Great Value!)
$150
$95
  • Breakfast included
Sueno Del Mar Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
$50
$49
Lands End(West End)(Great Value!)
$49
Hotel Los Corales(West End)(Great Value!)
$50
$48
Seagrape Plantation Resort(West End)(Great Value!)
$75
$70
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Half Moon Resort(Roatan)(Great Value!)
$105
$65
  • Restaurant
Mariposa Lodge(West End)
TripAdvisor
Villagio Verde(West End)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssecurity camerasfriendly dogsgas stovecoffee makerminute walka great place to stayrooms were very cleanair conditioningkellyroatanislanddiving
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Just spent two weeks at Casa de Sol and loved it. The room was cheerful and had everything I needed, the mattresses were good. The maid service was impeccable. I don't know how she managed to nip in every day to clean without ever disturbing me, with my irregular schedule, but she did it! The house is well-built, it was quiet and didn't heat up all that much. I always was comfortable just with the fan, didn't need the AC at all. There was good water pressure and actually real hot water! The location was just perfect: the orientation of the house and the little distance to the busy road made it so much quieter than some of the other places I've seen there. And still only 2 minutes or so to go the diveshop. I dived at Coconut Tree, great place, very safety-minded and training-oriented, and I highly recommend it - but all the other dive shops aren't all that far away, either. Neither are the restaurants and bars of West End, 'downtown' starts 2 minutes from Casa del Sol. My little kitchenette was well enough equipped to let me cook most of my own food - a big plus, since dining out is not really cheap in West End. The private patio provided ample space to dry my dive gear, and with four sweet dogs always on guard duty (plus fencing), I wasn't worried about security one a bit. But the piece de resistance was the backyard. It felt like a secluded little jungle oasis, surrounded by flowers, palm, banana and mango trees, with rocking chairs where late at night I could even catch a wireless signal. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, and if/when I come to West End again, will certainly stay at Casa del Sol. It was the great value that made me choose Casa del Sol, but it's the location, the backyard, room, service and how quiet it was that will make me come back.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2009

We stayed in a double room with private bathroom.
Good points:
- Fan, aircon available if willing to pay extra
- Quiet area (although connecting walls are quite thin and some rooms have connecting doors to the room next door which could be a problem if you happen to have a noisy neighbour!)
- Kitchen area in room
- Hot shower
- Towels
- Mesh Windows to keep out mossies (of which there are a lot!) but allow in air
- Lockable cupboard
- Comfy bed
- Walkable to beach and main strip
- $30 per room per night
- Patio next to room with table and chairs
- Trampoline in garden!

Bad points
- No mosquito net, so bring one along!
- No breakfast, internet, or other services.
- When we went the manageress was away due to personal reasons and had a friend looking after the place. Unfortunately she wasn't around most of the time and the reception was locked up. We didn't get any email response on trying a reservation, we didn't get the free 5 litres of water you are supposed to get on check-in (until we managed to track her down a couple of days later). Even paying on check-out was difficult because she was never there!

The place also has lots of animals, at least four dogs I think, a couple of cats and a turtle. If you're not keen on animals, probably not the best place to stay! There's also a portable paddling pool in the garden but it was empty. The rooms seemed to be occupied by solo people living and working in West End (i.e. renting), we didn't see many people 'on holiday'.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2009

Great rooms with kitchenett and very sweet owner. Sara did everything she could to make our stay wonderful. The large private decks with hamocks and chairs where a perfect for kicking back. There where some mosquitos because of the damp location so bring the spray. Location was just far enough away to get some quite but close enough to walk to the beach in half moon and west end. The floors are tile and can get very slippery so if you have a baby learning to walk take extra caution.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2009

We stayed in Casa del Sol for a week when we stayed in Roatan. The rooms were cheerful and clean and the owner Sara and her staff we friendly and helpful. Having a readily equiped kitchen saved us a lot of money and I would recommend the Casa for budget minded couples. The hostel also comes with two adorable children (Sara's kids) to entertain you as well as a couple friendly dogs, cats and even a turtle. Very close to the beach yet removed from the noise.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2008

My family, including two young children, stayed at Casa del Sol for 2 and half weeks. It worked out perfectly for our family, with the comfortable, clean, large rooms and easy walk to the heart of West End and the beach. Sara Didcott, a Canadian born hotel owner, and her staff surpassed our expectations with providing us great service (locate and pickup lost baggage), information on local activities, tours, doctors, dives etc. and the use of her nannies so that we were able to dive together. The environment was safe, well kept and friendly. Upon our return to Roatan we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)