Casa del Sol
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in West End
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssecurity camerasfriendly dogsgas stovecoffee makerminute walka great place to stayrooms were very cleanair conditioningkellyroatanislanddiving
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I picked this place out of a hat, I glanced at the reviews and saw something about barking dogs but didn't care because its Honduras and one would want guard dogs.

From the booking process to the day I left, staying here was the crux of the enjoyment I had in Roatan. The Manager Mark greeted me on day one and helped me to my room. It was a perfect room on the garden level with a nice little patio and a nice little kitchenette. THE PLACE WAS SO NICE I convinced 11 friends to join me here for new years and booked all the 2nd floor suits.

I was here for 3 months and this was the perfect HQ for my stay. I planed to move around but this was the most comfortable and friendly accommodation in the west end (I know this because I got around if you know what I mean ;)

Housekeeping, the grounds, the dogs, the security, the owner and the prolific Manager Mark made my 3 month vacation the perfect getaway and I made wonderful friendships with all the guests that stayed.

I have worked with hotels for the last 12 years of my life and Casa Del Sol delivered my every expectation. DO IT

Room Tip: 1st floor is good for 10 days or less, 2nd floor for anytime longer. The dogs bark for your safety, don't hate.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Allan S
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here twice..once in Sept for 2 weeks and again in Dec-Feb for 3 months. I loved it so much the first time I decided to stay there again when I returned to Roatan. I really have nothing negative to say about it. The rooms are super clean (I stayed on the lower level the first time and on the second level the next time). The second floor is nice because it has a big balcony with a hammock facing a pretty garden. It was worth it to pay a bit more for that perk. The prices are really cheap for West end. I researched a lot of places since I was going to be staying for a few months and found that this was the best value.

I was a bit concerned about staying there after reading a few reviews about the dogs and security. I always felt secure there. It is well lit and there are bars on the windows (newly installed, apparently) and security cameras everywhere. The dogs were actually what made me feel safest. They do bark at new people coming through the gate, but once they meet you they're very sweet dogs. I got to know them quite well over the 3 month stay so I can say with certainty that they are harmless pups. Being a woman traveling alone I felt much safer with them there guarding the property.

Overall I think it's an awesome place and would definitely stay there again. The manager is super nice and will help you with whatever you need. He really goes above and beyond. Amazing service, great location, clean, cozy rooms - a total bargain for what you get.
Perfect :)

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I spent two nights here on the recommendation of several people. I had room 3 on the garden level for $40/night.

I liked the bright painted walls inside, the quality ceiling fan, and the steaming hot water in the shower. It was clean, I saw no bugs inside, and I slept well on the bed. I also liked that they supply free bottled water (a big 5 gallon bottle with dispenser).

Because it's a few blocks from the louder bars on the weekends, it's a good option for those who want to get to sleep early.

If available, get a deluxe room on the second floor as they have porches and stronger wifi.

The wifi signal was too weak for me on the ground floor. I recommend they install a second router on the ground level, maybe under the patio ceiling outside room 3 in the middle to strengthen the signal.

Mark the current Canadian manager is friendly, and I hung out with a bunch of the expats living there long term. Would stay again, and happy to recommend.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank David L
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Back for my second time at Casa Del Sol. First trip was only for 5 days, this time its for a full month.
Love it here!! The Manager Mark is awesome, whatever we need or ask for,he is right there to help us, even loaned me his laptop!
Three more great weeks to spend on beautiful Roatan.
Thanks Mark for making our stay an enjoyable one and taking the time to show us the top spots in town:)
Marie and Vic

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank marie l
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I live outside of town and stay at Casa del Sol any time I want to come to town for an evening out. I've stayed here probably 8 times so far, and will continue to do so! The location to West End can't be beat. New manager Mark has worked closely with the owner Sara to get some additional security upgrades for the property - bars on the windows, more lights, cameras, double-key door locks, etc. There is a lockable compartment under the sink so bring a lock with you! The windows are lockable too, so check before you leave that they're locked. Also don't be stupid and leave expensive electronics by the windows...this is a third world country, what do you expect? Smart travelers will have no problems here.

I personally love the dogs they have here, but if you are scared of dogs I don't recommend this hotel for you. They do bark and come down to see who is coming in. I think it's good...they would definite scare away any would-be thieves. Doesn't bother me. If it would bother you, pick another hotel but just know most properties in West End have dogs on the premises to bark at people coming in as a security measure.

The rooms are cheery, more than adequate for the price, clean and plenty of hot water. A/C available for an extra charge (pay it in the summer, it's worth it). The rooms have different bed configurations and kitchenettes, just let Mark know what you need and he'll make it happen. Highly recommend for budget travelers, you're not going to get a better deal in West End!

Room Tip: The ground floors have patios, and second floor rooms have decks. #6 on the ground floor is a solid budget choice - two beds and windows on three sides, and away from the entrance!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo