“Another perfect trip to paradise”

Coconut Tree Divers
Ranked #3 of 34 Tours in West End
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of West End, Coconut Tree Divers is the oldest PADI IDC Centers on the island. The shop offers four daily dives: the morning boat leaves at 9:00 AM for two dives and returns at around 12:30 PM. The afternoon dives go out at 1:00 and 2.30 respectively. Night dives are available every Tuesday and Thursday. The shop's second boat, Wish U Were Here, is dedicated for cruise ship visitors on various cruise ship schedules. There is the option of a one day experience program, PADI Discover Scuba Diving, for those who want to try scuba diving for the first time. The program involves some basic theory in the classroom, a short session in shallow confined water, followed by a 45 - 60 minute dive in the afternoon. The shop's friendly, experienced staff will guide you through the various dive sites in Roatan's reef system. Nitrox and Trimix are also available. Snorkelers are also welcome.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Spent the week of Sept 28th - Oct 5th diving with Coconut Tree Divers. Could not have had a better week. Even diving sites that I have been to many times we always find new and interesting things. The biggies for the week were and almost whaleshark. (we were in the water but a boat captain from another operation drove fast the the shark and scared it away). But at the end of the week I was able to swim with a hammerhead shark!!! I brought an newbie with me on this trip and he did his advanced open water with Ted and thought that it was the very best money he has spent diving so far. Ted got him down to 10 lbs of weight from a staring point of 20.
IMHO, Gay, PJ, Marco, Tree and the rest always strive to provide the best that they can for their guests. Can't wait to get back in February when CTD will have a new look and a new boat (refurbished Bottomtime).

Bill Bunker

CoconutTreeDivers, Manager at Coconut Tree Divers, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2013

Hi Bill,

A big thanks for the review. The shop has re-opened and is looking good, awaiting your next trip. Bottom Time is brand spanking new with a big camera bucket for your Ole Yeller. Give the not so newbie anymore, James our hellos.

Cheers from Roatan,

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I only planned to stay 4 days at CTD, but at the end I stayed more than 2 weeks - that's how much I loved it there! Everything was perfect, the whole team is lovely and patience, the equippment professional and new and the accomondation is great as well. Diving was out of this world, I am so glad that I did my AOW there.
I can't recommend CTD highly enough, thanks again for the best time of my holiday!
Hope to return one day
Ines

1  Thank Xxnes007
CoconutTreeDivers, Manager at Coconut Tree Divers, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Hi Ines,

Thanks for the review. I came for two weeks as well and here goes year 8! Sorry I missed your last dive, apparently everyone had a spectacular time. Even the boat captains were talking about it. In any case we love that you had a great time and hope to see you and your brother again. Best of luck in Sydney.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Safety-conscious, helpful staff. Very knowledgable about the local dive sites. Clean, uncrowded boats.

1  Thank WDC_Diver

Hello DC_Diver,

Thanks for the review. It was short and sweet. We like it. Not to say we do not appreciate them all. Best of luck to you back at DC. Let us know when you are headed back this way.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

My wife and I did our Open Water certification dives here and I cannot imagine a better shop to dive with. Rags was our primary instructor/DM and she had a very agreeable and patient manner. The rental equipment (went rented BCs and Regs) seemed to be in tip-top shape and is better than other rental gear we've used since. Everyone at the shop was laid back and fun, but with an emphasis on safety and care of the reef. And finally, after a couple dive trips to other Carribean destinations, I just can't believe the prices.
Our experience with CTD as newb divers was the key to getting both of us completely hooked on diving and now we travel and dive as much as possible. We're planning another week next April and we'll be bringing down several new divers as well.

Summary - Great diving, great people, great prices. Don't go there next April so they don't run out of room for me.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for the review and the kind words. We try to replace BCDs every six months. It becomes an expensive "perk" but it is what customers have come to expect and enjoy. For beginners, there is enough going on in their heads regarding how to set things up, equalizing, mask clearing, relaxing, and breathing slowly, buoyancy.... It goes on and on. They do not want to worry about a BCD that is held together by a couple zip ties. It is one less variable to worry about. In the end they are not perk, they are the norm. It is fantastic to hear you are headed back for the shop birthday party. We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

i completed my divemaster internship with ctd and it was amazing and some of the best times and diving i have ever had. the dive sites were conveniently located just around the corner and there was also a warmth and kind feeling around the shop. i look forward to spending my next summer with these guys and girls.

1  Thank mrtnryner

Hello Martin,

Thanks for taking the time to set up an account with TripAdvisor and for writing a review. We definitely had some good times and we wish you the best of luck with school and rugby. See if you can make it back for the shop birthday party in April. Bottom Time, the new boat, is just about ready and the many shop improvements are under way. We re-open November 2!