“A week of fun with the Coconut Crew!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coconut Tree Divers

Coconut Tree Divers
Ranked #2 of 36 Tours in West End
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of West End, Coconut Tree Divers is the oldest PADI IDC Centers on the island. The shop offers four daily dives: the morning boat leaves at 9:00 AM for two dives and returns at around 12:30 PM. The afternoon dives go out at 1:00 and 2.30 respectively. Night dives are available every Tuesday and Thursday. The shop's second boat, Wish U Were Here, is dedicated for cruise ship visitors on various cruise ship schedules. There is the option of a one day experience program, PADI Discover Scuba Diving, for those who want to try scuba diving for the first time. The program involves some basic theory in the classroom, a short session in shallow confined water, followed by a 45 - 60 minute dive in the afternoon. The shop's friendly, experienced staff will guide you through the various dive sites in Roatan's reef system. Nitrox and Trimix are also available. Snorkelers are also welcome.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“A week of fun with the Coconut Crew!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Tom and I had the absolute best time with EVERYONE at Coconut Tree! Special mentions to PJ, Gay, Marco, Matt, Tom and Abbey! Thank you all so much for a wonderful week of diving! We were beginners but they made us feel right at home and so comfortable with everything! We were able to store our gear there during the week, which was super convenient! This is THE place to dive with if you're in Roatan! You guys have us hooked on diving and we can't wait to come back and visit! Thanks again!

Visited February 2013
marcoa211, Manager at Coconut Tree Divers, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the review. It was nice having you for that week, as fast as it went by. We hope you are hooked enough to come back to visit again. Wishing you the best.

Cheers from Roatan,

Point Roberts, Washington
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Works Sucks lets go diving!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Coconut Tree was the PERFECT team to help complete my PADI certification. The instructors were professional yet fun and personable. Matt won my heart by being patient and encouraging me through the trials of learning bouancy! The boats are a bit hectic at load and unload time, but well worth the chaos. We went to a variety of good sites and I know I can't wait to go back. Gay and PJ have done an oustanding job assembling a well balanced team. The location was ideal, even a cold beer upstairs after a great dive!

Visited February 2013
marcoa211, Manager at Coconut Tree Divers, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Hello Pinkdragonprincess,

Thanks for taking the time to write up a review for us. You did that quite fast. By the way, we found Rick's Tevas. So when you come back, they will be waiting. We look forward to taking you out on more dives. I personally look forward to looking up and seeing that Arkansas Razorback banner addition to the restaurant in the quest to include all SEC schools.

You observed and noted our organized chaos. After so many years of working together we do have it down to a pretty efficient system. It's our version of a NASCAR pit stop. After working in academia, the military, and corporate America it is in this little diveshop that could that group cohesion and dynamics have meshed the best as far as I'm concerned. It is a direct result of Gay and PJs team approach to how a business should operate.

Thanks again for your review.

Best wishes from Roatan,

Dallas, Texas
“Best dive shop I have ever used!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

The owner is soooo friendly and Tim our dive master was awesome. The corral in Honduras was the best I have ever seen. Our cab driver suggested Coconut tree divers and it was great advise. Thanks so much for a great dive experience!

Visited February 2013
marcoa211, Manager at Coconut Tree Divers, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Hello Stacey B,

Thanks for your review. Tim is the oldest seasonal employees of the shop. We call him "El Tipo" the dude and from your experience you can see why. We look forward to seeing you again and wish you the best in your travels.

Best regards,

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“What an incredible experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I went down for my advanced certification course. All I have to say is what professional shop. If you want a refresher or want to upgrade Diversyour skills this is the shop for you!

My instructor was Ted and he really ran me through the passes. So much so that when I take my divemaster course this is the shop for me. The reefs are gorgeous, there is an amazing wreck at 111 ft, TEC dives, incredible walls great night dives and I only scratched the surface.

A special thank you to P.J. and Gay who made me feel welcome and allowed me to store my gear at the shop for the week. I was coming in daily for West Bay where there are plenty of dive shops.

Use this shop if you want the perfect diving experience all dive shops are not created equal find out for yourself why Coconut Tree Divers is number 1 in Roatan!

2 Thank BWHITE_79
Hi Bwhite_79,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us at Coconut Tree Divers and for your kind words. Our dive instructors are very passionate about their job and love passing on their extensive knowledge to students and fun divers alike. I guess we will be seeing you when you come down to down your divemaster course. Let us know and we can help you sort our your accommodations.

Best wishes from Roatan,

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dive here you will not regret it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Tons of fun. Great staff. Great dive sites. I can go on but where is the point in doing that.
I am a dive instructor myself and I have seen many places. But I felt at home there the minute I set foot in that place.

1 Thank Dennis S
marcoa211, Manager at Coconut Tree Divers, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Hey Dennis,

It was fun diving with you and best wishes with what you do with the folks you teach to dive. We are behind in the times, but plan on making our shop more accessible. Right now we rely on brute force. Just ask Patrick. We do get it done but aspire to improve. A ramp in front of the shop is being planned out in the new deck design.

Thanks for taking the time to write us a review.