We had a wonderful time staying at Tranquilseas. The rooms were very nice and the staff were well trained by Chris and Monica, who were great hosts to us. Samir, the bartender and waiter was always doing his best for us, always with a wonderful smile. He would even help us with special requests with the chef Louis, who makes some very good meals. His coconut flan is fabulous! Although the breakfast service and preparations were a bit on the slow side, lunch and dinner were always served with speed and efficiency, which is somewhat unheard of on the Island. Blue Bahia restaurant, which is a two minute walk along the beach from Tranquilseas has some great food, too if you want other options. Free access to bottled water in the bar and good wireless internet which reached each room was a very helpful.
They have a clean and modern dock that you can swim off of and reach a very nice reef within 10 minutes, if swimming with fins. We also took advantage of their free use of kayaks, which were in very good shape. Although we do not dive, we snorkeled with the divers whenever they went out. The dive staff were amazing. Kerry and Greg were great boat captains and David and Edwin, who were dive masters, took very good care of us. One day, Kerry and Edwin were able to find a whale shark while heading to a dive sight. We were able to jump in the water to see it! By the way, the snorkeling on Roatan was the best we have ever experienced in all of our travels, which include Tahiti, Fiji, Bonaire, Cook Islands and Hawaii. The reefs were very healthy with a good variety of coral and marine life.
After Tranquil Seas, we stayed at two other resorts, but Tranquilseas was our favorite. We can’t wait to get back there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquilseas Resort Roatan All inclusive diving & vacation packages. We offer unique island accommodation & Padi Dive Resort set amongst tropical jungle of the western caribbean, secluded from the hustle and bustle and yet easily accessible to some of the great adventures to be had on Roatan. Only minutes from the worlds largest barrier reef in the northern hemisphere, you can enjoy world class snorkelling, scuba diving all within footsteps from your jungle cabana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquilseas Eco Lodge And Dive Hotel Sandy Bay
- Tranquilseas Eco Lodge And Dive Center Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands