“Perfect Getaway”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Ottawa, Canada
“Perfect Getaway”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during our honeymoon, December 2011 (I'm sorry this review is so delayed!) It is an absolutely AMAZING place to stay and we can't wait to return. We did not have any dive experience at the time, and Kent was a great instructor & dive guide. Chris & Monica are amazing hosts, they gave us such great advice of where to go & what to see during our stay! Even when my husband needed prescription lenses for his mask, Chris gave us directions to a nearby shop. They are extremely flexible, knowledgeable, and friendly; not only did they give us rides to and from the airport, but Monica packed us a lunch to-go as well! :) They will teach you so much about the island, the reef, and the environment.

The resort is away from the touristy area of West End and is so peaceful and quiet. We walked to West End beach one day and enjoyed it there, but were happy to return to our tranquil home :) It is super easy to get to the restaurants of West End, but we often found ourselves getting pizza from up the road and enjoying the stars on Tranquilseas deck.

The snorkeling and diving around the resort is amazing. I cannot believe that our dive "trips" were often just a 5 minute boat ride from the pier. Simply amazing. And you will not believe the sunsets!

Could not recommend this place more! Thank you Chris, Monica, and Kent for the holiday of a lifetime.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SBrandi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Plantation, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2013

During our recent stay on Roatan we went out for a dive with the team from Tranquilseas. We were on the island filming a documentary and needed underwater footage of the beautiful coral reef. Kent and his team went out of their way to show us some of the coastline of this beautiful island. They took us to a remote, beautiful dive site, giving us a chance to shoot some great underwater footage. Everyone was super friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable and had a good time. Top notch dive shop and crew! I would definitely go dive with them again in the future, both for business and pleasure.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank alexae2013
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I wanted a relaxing holiday at a small hotel... this place was perfect! Chris and Monica (the owners) went out of their way to ensure we had the best time. Originally, we were not planning on eating at Tranquilseas, but I am glad we did. The diving was also amazing and the dive staff was incredible. Tranquilseass itself is very quiet so if you want to "get away..," it is perfect. We would take the hammocks out to the dock each night and relax while watching the sunset. The snorkeling was also very good... right off the dock.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Natasha K
Ontario
Reviewed July 16, 2013

The dive staff is definitely one of the main reasons there are consistent 5-star ratings for Tranquilseas, I believe, and the key as to why I would return. I have been Open Water certified for a few years, but due to a negative experience early on, I had not been diving often enough to gain the skills or confidence to become a comfortable diver. I arrived at Tranquilseas anxious about diving, but the professional and respectful approach of Kent, Dianne and Divemaster-In-Training, Ross, supported my learning, and their constant instruction, patience, kindness and encouragement allowed me to grow as a diver to the point that I am no longer afraid. There is a strong emphasis on safety that results in fun and relaxed diving. This is a welcoming place for the inexperienced as well as experienced diver.

As mentioned in a previous review, the cost is slightly more than some other places on the island, but in the case of the dive staff, certainly worth it. Related, it is evident that Chris, the owner, has made serious efforts for sustainability in the building of Tranquilseas, and respect for the preservation of the reef and natural environment is another reason I would choose Tranquilseas over many other places. As in any business, there is always room for improvement, and Chris actually asks guests for feedback in this area, a rare quality, I think.

Special thanks to Dianne, a highly skilled and humorous instructor, and to Ross, DiveMaster-In-Training, for your patience, direction and encouragement throughout the week. It is greatly appreciated.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank mish1
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Tranquilseas is a quiet and relaxing resort with a very friendly staff, perfect for people who want to be away from the overly touristy areas. The rooms are comfortable, the food is great, and the views are beautiful. My husband and I spent the week diving, and the dive instructors were fantastic. The dive center was organized and professional; it was overall a a great experience. We would definitely choose Tranquilseas for our next trip to Roatan!

Room Tip: Tree frog had a great ocean view!