Look no more Tranquilseas is the place to stay on Roatan. My family of 5 spent a week here in August 2012 and it was glorious! We stayed in the Octopus and it was the perfect mix of quite, comfortable, clean and rustic - ideal for a beach vacation. Tranquilseas is truly about relaxation, snorkeling and diving. There is decent snorkeling right off the dock and you can swim out to the reef where it is rather remarkable. The ocean is clean and warm and could not be better!
Kent, the dive instructor is terrific. He is safety conscious, perceptive and very knowledgeable about the dive sites and sea life. Diving along the reef is absolutely incredible! So much fun!!
Chris and Monica were wonderful hosts. They check in regularly to make sure all your questions are answered and will take excellent care of you. And, Juan in the bar is a real gem.
I've read that people mentioned sand fleas being a problem. We experienced maybe 2 bites each, however, you don't feel them bite and they don't itch whatsoever. So honestly they are not a problem.
I always research thoroughly before booking lodging and Tranquilseas is the perfect family vacation spot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tranquilseas Eco Lodge, Dive Center, Restaurant & Bar, Roatan - Unique island accommodation & Padi Dive Resort set amongst beautifully landscaped tropical gardens, secluded from the hustle and bustle and yet easily accessible to some of the great adventures to be had on Roatan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire and Odigeo so you can book your Tranquilseas Eco Lodge and Dive Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tranquilseas Eco Lodge And Dive Hotel Sandy Bay
- Tranquilseas Eco Lodge And Dive Center Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands