This was our first trip to Roatan. We love to snorkel but do NOT scuba and wondered if we were too old for this adventure (50's)...WE WERE NOT!! We had a blast! Kent was very helpful, from airport pick up to kayak trips to Island tours, He knows the Island inside out. We could snorkel right off the pier or take the dive boat out. Some days we did both!!!! Breakfast comes to your room each morning to start the day off right. The on site restaurant was good, a few steps down the beach is the Tranquil Seas which I highly recommend on Tapas and tune night!!! A short Taxi ride or Tiki Bus ride away is West End where you can find just about anything!!! Dont expect luxury in Honduras but go for the adventure and whatever you do get out to the reef even if you just snorkel, you won't regret it! The bugs do nibble in Roatan so pack your bug spray, Benadryl cream, steroid cream, antihistamine tabs and light long pants and shirts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small boutique resort located directly ON the beach in Sandy Bay, Roatan. Beach Grill Restaurant, Octopus Dive School, and great comfort and service. Swimming pool, ac in all units, some full kitchens, wireless internet, AP shuttle. All sea views! On site owner works to handle all of your vacation needs. Ask about our "monthly" specials! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Blue Bahia Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Bahia Hotel Sandy Bay
- Blue Bahia Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands