My family descended on Blue Bahia Resort for a reunion over Christmas 2013. There's a wide variety of suite sizes so it was easy to find the right size for every group. Each suite has a very serviceable kitchenette: we cooked dinner for 14 people one night. The larger suites easily accommodated family gatherings for card games and birthday parties. There's a flat screen TV in each room as well; we didn't watch much but others in the group were able to get English language stations with movies and news. The rooms are nice and private : we were staying downstairs from a family of four and didn't hear any voices or footsteps from upstairs for the entire week.
Breakfast was delivered to our room every morning: juice, eggs and toast or pancakes or other entree, fruit, and a side of sausage or veggie sausage. A few of us are vegetarian and it was great to have the vegetarian breakfast meat option. The food was fresh, home-made and filling.
Several folks were scuba certified, and it was very convenient for them to arrange for dives that left straight from the Resort; there is a dive company located on the premises. There's also a restaurant onsite that made lunch and dinner meals very easy too.
There's excellent snorkeling either right off-shore or further out by the reef, and the pool is also great for entertaining young children. We went running on the beach almost every morning.
I have to give a huge shout out to the owner, Kent. He knows Roatan inside and out and is literally a life-saver. He gave us tons of local tips, like where to try baleadas (Honduran tacos) and where to buy locally made gifts. During Christmas dinner, when one person in our group had a medical emergency, Kent knew exactly whom to call and he helped us out of a scary situation. I'm grateful to Kent for all his excellent advice and help during our stay. I cannot recommend Blue Bahia resort highly enough!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small boutique resort located directly ON the beach in Sandy Bay, Roatan. Beach Grill Restaurant, Octopus Dive School, and great comfort and service. Swimming pool, ac in all units, some full kitchens, wireless internet, AP shuttle. All sea views! On site owner works to handle all of your vacation needs. Ask about our "monthly" specials! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Blue Bahia Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Bahia Hotel Sandy Bay
- Blue Bahia Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands