“Awesome!!!”
Review of Blue Bahia Resort

Blue Bahia Resort
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Sandy Bay
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The most relaxing and serene place. From the owner Kent and his lovely wife to the whole staff it was such a wonderful experience. They really do make you feel like it's your home. The food was the best with the red snapper and shrimp along with the smoked ribs..delicious. I thoroughly enjoyed the snorkeling trips seeing all the underwater world. It was my first time snorkeling and I felt at ease with Nurie and Antonio. The quest staying at the resort where all so nice and helpful. We all made new friends. There is so much to see there as well as the rest of the bay islands. I will be back soon...

Room Tip: i stayed in the wave unit and thought it was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 2, 2012

I love the collection of food and the price is excelent, i think it is an excelent spot to go with your family or friend and the location is very nice close to the beach, i just do not agree in having animals in the restaurant , the service is so good, the waiter and the cooks are so friendly, i go for their nice service

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We rented a house down the beach and ate at the Blue Bahia restaurant probably five times during our weeklong stay. The food was terrific, and we loved the indoor/outdoor feel of the restaurant. Nothing like listening to the sea while enjoying fresh seafood and cold beers.

The tropical fish plate was delicious. I ordered this twice - the fish is just so fresh and prepared perfectly. I was also a huge fan of the garlic shrimp. Everything we had was tasty, fresh and well prepared. One night we were there the resort put on a fire show on the beach which was fun to watch. They also have a huge BBQ pit and we shared the mixed platter one night - yum. So smoky and delicious. Not really what you'd expect on a tropical island, but good nonetheless.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I travel to Roatan every 2 months. Would never stay anywhere but the Blue Bahia. As I single woman, I have always felt totally safe and relaxed. Kent and his wonderful staff tend to all my needs. Can't wait to get back again. Snorkelling is great and the food is beyond expectations. Some of the best on the island. My family has been twice and can't stop telling their friends about it. Way to go Kent!!!

Room Tip: love the Seaside, so cozy
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank lyndab1031
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was here in May/June 2012 and stayed at Blue Bahia. Kent was incredibly helpful and went out of his way to make us comfortable. We even had to change dates due to unforeseen circumstances and Kent accommodated us without a problem. The rooms were very nice with A/C, tv/dvd, nice kitchen with all necessary utensils, pots etc. The beds were very comfortable. Nice, small pool to sit by and the reef is accessible swimming from the dock. Plus Octopus Dive Shop is at the Blue Bahia and we dove with them a couple of times. We had awesome dives and great divemasters (Matt and Eva) each time. Nuria was very helpful to coordinate all the dives. Finally, the restaurant had outstanding food every time we ate there (try the Elvis dessert- yum!).

Kent and his staff were incredible and we thank them all for a wonderful time at Blue Bahia! Hopefully I will have a chance to return with my parents- thanks Kent!

Erin

Room Tip: We stayed in the two bedroom room in front of the pool on the bottom floor (to the left of pool if y...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Erin1413
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Excellent food. We had dinner last night and were VERY impressed with the quality of food. 4 meals, all excellent and very tasty! I had beef, my wife had pulled pork, the kids had beef brisket. We were served within 20 minutes of arriving. My only complaint was that I ordered rice and it came with corn (which I am unable to digest) and had to spend several minutes picking it out. I did point out to the waiter that if there are other items in food it should be told to people because of allergies etc.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ibuycdn
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We didn't stay in the lodge but we ate at the Blue Bahia restaurant on the beach. Loved the ambience on the beach and enjoyed a rain shower over the water. We had great dinners: coconut shrimp, red snapper, and other great seafood dishes.
Five excellent dinners, many beers, terrific setting and great service all for $100, and they take credit cards! I highly recommend this restaurant in Sandy Bay.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
The Beach House
The Beach House
#4 of 9 in West End
Clarion Suites Roatan at Pineapple Villas

Been to Blue Bahia Resort? Share your experiences!