Having been to Roatan on three prior trips totaling 10 weeks stay time I invited my grand nephew and his wife to the island with me. I had visited the Blue Bahia two years prior for several meals and spent a good deal of time speaking with the owner Kent Burnes. My preparation for this return visit included numerous emails with Kent who was always helpful and informative. The facility is small and intimate (9 guest quarters) making it possible to meet and enjoy other patrons. Each "room" is more akin to an apartment, many with full kitchens and all are decorated in a unique and appealing manner. The employees are wonderful and friendly, the menu is outstanding (just ask the locals who eat there regularly) and Kent's imagination is reflected in the numerous menu offerings. I will return to Roatan and the Blue Bahia will be my destination. Thanks Kent! It was a great trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small boutique resort located directly ON the beach in Sandy Bay, Roatan. Beach Grill Restaurant, Octopus Dive School, and great comfort and service. Swimming pool, ac in all units, some full kitchens, wireless internet, AP shuttle. All sea views! On site owner works to handle all of your vacation needs. Ask about our "monthly" specials! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Blue Bahia Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Bahia Hotel Sandy Bay
- Blue Bahia Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands