“Good Dive”

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Dived the wreck twice. While I'm not a wreck dive fanatic, it was a nice dive. Nothing complicated about it, a hard bottom well within safe levels for all divers and easy to explore. Some very nice grouper hanging around which made it interesting. Worth the dive.

3  Thank SARNanoose
There are newer reviews for El Aquila Wreck Dive

Reviewed December 13, 2013

This is supposed to be one of the landmark dives on Roatan, but as far as wreck dives go, was pretty mediocre. It's pretty much personal preference, but IMHO, there are garden eels here and super huge groupers, and that was it. There are much prettier sites to see on Roatan as a diver.

BTW, there is another wreck we saw on the same trip, the Odyssey, that is totally worth it: we went with barefoot divers out of Palmetto Bay, and it was much more interesting as well as much less-dived. Our group of 4 were the only ones there on the day that we went to go see it, and it was spectacular, and the reef we finished our "swimming safety stop" on was amazing! Healthy coral, beautiful swim-throughs, etc.

2  Thank SDbeachgirl05
Reviewed October 28, 2013

great dive site with the wreck good for divers of any skill level.amazing fish hanging around there and the reef higher up,, big snapper, puffer fish and HUGE Grouper..

Reviewed October 1, 2013

After a quick deep dive on the wreck, you get to visit the large groupers in the shallows by the mooring. I was the first diver in the water, so they all swam up to me, expecting to be fed; luckily they were not aggressive. So I knew what was waiting after the wreck experience. Vis was not great on the day we were there, and I think I would have been disappointed after the long boat ride if I hadn't had such a great experience with the groupers.

1  Thank sueiamsue
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Awesome wreck dive, ship has been broken into pieces buy a hurricane making access easy and safe. Large Groupers followed us around, many fish!