This was our third trip to Anthony's Key in three years, and we never repeated trips to a resort before, preferring to experience new places & faces. This place is so special, though, that we were completely sold mid-way through our first visit. The dive operation is wonderful, the staff is exceptional. We felt like "family" from the first day of our first trip. What can you say about a place where the staff recognizes you and greets you by name on the first day of your second trip, a year later?
We have brought our children (teenagers 13-17) and our parents (non-divers). All have had a wonderful time at Anthony's Key.
There are bugs. They bite. Bring GOOD bug spray. Pay the extra money for a Superior room, and stay on the Key. It's well worth the money. Take a taxi up to the Plaza Mar for snacks & refreshments in your room and enjoy those evenings on your deck overlooking the ocean. Forget about television (except in the bar). Relax and enjoy your time away!
If the word "Resort" conjures thoughts of marble-tiled hotel entries with Greek columns overlooking the beach in Hawaii, then go to Hawaii. This place is rustic and homey by comparison. Which is one of the reasons we love it. Coupled with the staff and the dive operation, this place is top-notch!
To Mandy, Jimmy, Joel, Kirvin, and the rest of the Anthony's Key Resort staff, thanks for the wonderful vacations...we look forward to many more years with you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the island of Roatan, Anthony's Key Resort is a legendary tropical wonderland where lush greenery rustles in breezy sea air. Pristine beaches rim turquoise waters. And wooden bungalows perched above a tranquil lagoon offer guests incredibly scenic views and a sense of perfect disconnection from everyday life back at home. For over 40 years, this family-run paradise has been home to divers in search of unspoiled waters, and lovers of natural adventure in all its forms.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Anthony's Key Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anthony`s Key Hotel Sandy Bay
- Anthonys Key Sandy Bay
- Anthonys Key Hotel Roatan
- Anthonys Key Resort
- Anthony's Key Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands