I want to start by saying that I loved our recent holiday at Anthony's Key (Feb. 07). I know you can never please all people but I am so shocked by a few of the negative comments as I feel they are unjustified. If you want perfection in everything (hotel, food, service), then why not go to New York, Paris etc. You are going to Central America. Enjoy the differences!
Diving- Both my husband and I dive but wouldn't consider ourselves to be "divers" and wondered if it might be too much. It wasn't and we loved it. It was easy diving in that it was so well organized that it was effortless and we could spend all our time enjoying marine life under the water which was great. Excellent diving.
Food - Very good. Plenty of it. Fresh with good service. If you are a gourmand and want the absolute best, than go to France or Italy.
Accomodation -- good but we should have chosen to be on the Key instead of on Hillside. Exerything was good (no bugs) with AC which we never used. Had a noisy fan which they fixed immediately. Would recommend to be on the key in a Superior cabin. A little bit more but magical. My personal choice would be to request a cabin in the low to mid 40's (room number) as you can watch the sunset from your balcony.
People -- I really enjoyed the other guests at the resort. An unfussy group overall but maybe because most are pretty sporty. I am not sure I would go here if I wasn't a diver but it would still be an excellent place to go where either the husband or wife dove but not the other because there were many other things to do (horseback riding, other excursions).
Overall, I would highly recommend AKR and hope to return frequently. We loved it and would love to bring our whole family. Thanks to all the group at AKR.
Theresa from Canada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the island of Roatan, Anthony's Key Resort is a legendary tropical wonderland where lush greenery rustles in breezy sea air. Pristine beaches rim turquoise waters. And wooden bungalows perched above a tranquil lagoon offer guests incredibly scenic views and a sense of perfect disconnection from everyday life back at home. For over 40 years, this family-run paradise has been home to divers in search of unspoiled waters, and lovers of natural adventure in all its forms.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Anthony's Key Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anthony`s Key Hotel Sandy Bay
- Anthonys Key Sandy Bay
- Anthonys Key Hotel Roatan
- Anthonys Key Resort
- Anthony's Key Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands