My husband and I have been going to Anthony's Key Resort almost every years since 1985. I have watched the island go from a quiet, out of the way dive spot with only 3 hotels to a bustling resort island with many, many hotels and dive resorts. But still, Anthony's Key Resort remains the place to be.
Lovely, quaint rooms over the water (or up on the side of a steep jungle covered hillside) give you the feeling of remoteness and privacy. The restaurant is on the main island of Roatan up on the side of that steep hill overlooks the water and both Anthoney's Key and Bailey's Key where you can watch the sunsets and the dolphins frolic. But be advised, there are 52 steps up the side of the hill to get there, so take that into consideration if you have physical limitations.
The activities in this all-inclusive resort are many: SCUBA diving (of course), snorkling, swimming or diving with dolphins, wind surfing, kayaking, horseback riding, hiking, birdwatching and the dolphin show at the Institute for Marine Sciences which is attached to the resort - or just lay back in a hammock on your private or semi-private deck and sip a cool drink while you read and relax. Bone fishing can be arranged as can a sunset sail with cocktails and snacks. And be SURE to go zip-lining through the mountainous jungle treetops. It is an exhilarating experience.
The facilities are very nice and there is plenty of space in the rooms. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food is quite good and the portions generous. The dive shop and its staff are top notch and the diving in the area is some of the best in the world. Jacques Cousteau often said the bay island reefs were his favorite in the world.
My husband and I love it so much that we got married there! We stood on the beach in about 6 inches of water with 6 dolphins as our attendants while all the friends we have made on the island over the years (and all the hotel guests) joined us to wish us well.
When I think of an island paradise, I immediately think of Anthony's Key and Roatan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on the island of Roatan, Anthony's Key Resort is a legendary tropical wonderland where lush greenery rustles in breezy sea air. Pristine beaches rim turquoise waters. And wooden bungalows perched above a tranquil lagoon offer guests incredibly scenic views and a sense of perfect disconnection from everyday life back at home. For over 40 years, this family-run paradise has been home to divers in search of unspoiled waters, and lovers of natural adventure in all its forms.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Anthony's Key Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anthony`s Key Hotel Sandy Bay
- Anthonys Key Sandy Bay
- Anthonys Key Hotel Roatan
- Anthonys Key Resort
- Anthony's Key Resort Roatan, Honduras - Bay Islands