“Juan is the best tour guide!”

Excursions Roatan Day Tours
Ranked #11 of 19 Tours in Coxen Hole
Reviewed March 28, 2014

OK. we love to travel and we enjoy the local flare and the less commercial touristy parts of places that we visit. I found this tour guide on Trip advisor and must say, a perfect find for our port of call. We had no problems finding the location and Juan drove us around all day. He was so kind and attentive. He even got the guy at PALM BEACH to climb a tree to get coconuts for us to enjoy. He gave us so much great info regarding the island and the country of Honduras. We have been to Honduras for mission work, but the other side of the country..this was a totally different experience. He drove us to the best photo spots and took us to the Mahogany place, beautiful things there. Juan answered all of our questions and laughed with us and at us with our teenagers. He also took photos of the family as well. This was the exact day that I had wanted for the visit here. Palm Beach is amazing…its a secret place worth the effort to find. Thanks Juan!

1  Thank travelgal1994
There are newer reviews for Excursions Roatan Day Tours

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We visited Roatan on February 20, with Juan as our guide for the day. Juan drove us to Pirates of the Caribbean Zip Line for an excellent experience! The zip line took us east on Roatan, and then we headed west to Paradise Beach Hotel for time on the beautiful beach. All the while, we learned about Roatan from Juan. He was very attentive to us, answering all our questions and making sure we had a special day in Roatan. We agree that this was our very best shore excursion during our western Caribbean cruise on the Norwegian Jewel. If we ever find ourselves in Roatan again, we will be contacting Excursions Roatan again. Thanks for a great day Juan!

2  Thank 50Muriel2014
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We booked a shore excursion to the Palm Beach Resort. When we arrived Thomas informed us that at the resort they were doing some renovations and they didn't have full restaurants services and suggested we go to another resort. I had researched this beach and had my heart set on going there so he said they could take us there and if we didn't like it they could take us somewhere else. Juan was our driver for the day. He was excellent. We stopped along the way and took pictures and stopped at a market to shop. Juan gave us lots of information about the area and made our trip very enjoyable. We ended up staying at Palm Beach resort and practically had the beach to ourselves. On the way back to the ship, I wanted to stop and get some wine and there was a particular kind I wanted. Juan took us to 4 different stores looking for it. I can't say enough about how nice the people here are and what a great time we had.

Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

after visiting beach, guide informed us upon returning to ship that we would have to pay additional money for drinks that were supposed to be included. we noticed that several of the comments for this company are being made by employees of the company. the owner, Thomas said he would reimburse us for the charges, but we have not seen any effort to do so.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

As far as I am concerned these are the only people to use in Roatan. When (not "if") we return we are going to hire them to be our personal tour guides the whole time.

Thomas was great to work with! He was prompt when e-mailing in advance and we were able to meet up with Derek our guide just outside fo the cruise terminal. My sister in law developed a little bit fo a crush on Derek, but that's another story. Derek was a great tour and happy to take us wherever we wanted to go. HERE'S THE KICKER: I left my camera under the seat of the van and got back on our cruise ship. It's a very nice camera. I'm sure Derek or Thomas could have sold it and made quite a bit of money and just pretended like they never saw it. Not only did they get it back to me in the states but they refused to accept any payment from us for their trouble. I can't tell you that they will ship your stuff back for free, but they did for us which shows that they are great people!

If you're looking for a company that you can trust to see an amazing island then you can not go wrong here.

As for Roatan, it's absolutely gorgeous. I've been all ove the carribbean and it is now one of our absolute favorite places. You have to get out to the West Bay. It's one of the best beaches I've ever been to.

2  Thank lisa c