“More Than a Tour Company - Roatan's Hidden Gem”

Roatan Sun Splash Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$69.98*
and up
Roatan Shore Excursion: Snorkeling Tour
Ranked #5 of 18 Tours in Coxen Hole
More attraction details
Owner description: With over a decade of experience, Roatan Sun Splash Tours can assure you, they will get you back to your cruise ship on time! For added assurance, you are protected under their guarantee. Specializing in group bookings and fun family tours, Sun Splash Tours provide an array of adventurous excursions - day charters - and customized private tour packages. Leave the crowds, vendors and traffic behind and enjoy a comfortable worry-free day with on time service, free amenities and more! The team will definitely keep you entertained, so get ready for an adventure to remember - Your fun starts here!
Horseshoe Bay, Texas
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“More Than a Tour Company - Roatan's Hidden Gem”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Steph and James also provide some of the islands most awesome catering. We used them for 3 nights while staying at Balsam Rock Retreat, a VRBO rental unit. Steph and James cooked an outstanding array of shrimp, chicken, lobster, and fajaitas with all the trimmings. Our grandkids wanted to know when they were coming back. Secretly, I think it was Steph's special deserts that made an impression. The meals were always fresh, well prepared, and on time. What a wonderful treat from a charming couple. We were blessed with their service.
Thanks again, Steph and James, for sharing your island with us.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Bill L

Bixby, Oklahoma, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“SIMPLY. AMAZING. Family fun in the Sun!”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Roatan Sun Splash Tours provided one of the best family days we have ever experienced!! My family consists of my boys, 5 and 11 years old, and my husband and myself. We wanted a private tour with fun and adventure which is exactly what this package provided. We were on the Carnival Conquest and instructions on where to meet were clear and precise. James was our tour guide and was ready and waiting for us at the location specified. He shook our hands then my 5 year old grabbed his hand and was ready to go. James didn't hesitate and gladly held my son's hand on the way to the car. We loaded up and headed off!

While traveling to the different locations, James explained the culture and information about the plants, animals, etc. He kept it very interesting on the drive and happily answered our questions. We arrived to our first stop at the Iguana Farm. The boys got a kick out of seeing, touching, and feeding these huge tame iguanas. There were also macaws, monkeys, turtles, and fish to see. We stopped to watch a monkey eating a sucker which tickled the boys because the monkey would dip it in the water in between licking it just like them. We also saw many ocean fish and James knew what kind they were. He was so impressive with his knowledge of many things. It made the experience so much better.

After enjoying the iguana farm, we headed off to an area to see some dolphins from a distance and some more fish. It was so neat getting to see the colorful fish just below our feet on a pier. The dolphins weren't far and we could see and hear them. We were also lucky enough to get to try some sea grapes (I think that's what they were called). James showed us how to get some and he rinsed them off for us for us to try. We then loaded back up for our next stop. James had water and snacks for us in the car for the drive too which was great!

We arrived at the monkey and bird sanctuary. We were led through many areas with different monkeys, birds, and animals. The monkeys were a hit!! They would stand on our shoulders and heads. The kids LOVED IT!!! (I did too!!!) There was another named Lola that would reach her arms out to hug the kids... then she stole a hat off the trainers head and laughed which was hilarious. There were also birds that would stand on our shoulders which was so neat. The boys were able to feed them all sunflower seeds too. We saw other animals too and got to interact with some others. This was an amazing experience that I would recommend to anyone with kids - truly unique experience and great photo ops!!

When were were finished there, we made our way to beach. James was awesome and made a stop at a supermarket so we could get a fresh pineapple after my husband told him he loved them. James took us to a beach area where we were practically the only ones there. Aside from a handful of locals that walked by on occasion, we got a beach to ourselves! James brought some snorkel gear, tube, floats, and even sandpail and toys for the boys! I was blown away! He even took the pineapple and cut it up for us. WOW!!! We do NOT have pineapples that taste like that at home! This was the most juicy and wonderful pineapple I've ever tasted. We had our lunch here as well that was INCREDIBLE. The beach area had hammocks, tables, and chairs for us as well as clean bathrooms. I felt like it was our little paradise here! We also picked some fresh mangos and tried them. The boys floated, snorkeled, swam, ate, and had an amazing time on the beach. I felt so sad to leave....

I'm not a strong writer, so I feel that my description above doesn't do any justice to the AMAZING experience we had. It was perfect and just what we were looking for... and more. The personal attention combined with having a local as a guide made the trip that much better. My boys say this was the greatest day ever and we have to agree. When we left, we felt we made a forever friend in James. His patience with my children and his knowledge and eagerness to give us an incredible experience were beyond appreciated. I honestly hope to see James again someday... soon!

Visited June 2013
2 Thank Julie N
Grove, Oklahoma
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wonderful day on Roatan!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We had a great experience using Roatan Sun Splash Tours. Our guide James took us to our boat and we had a great time snorkeling. Our guide on the boat was very knowledgeable. After snorkeling, James picked us up and took us to West Beach to swim and snorkel on our own. His knowledge of the island, its culture, and history made the day even better! I would recommend them to anyone wanting a leisurely day without the hassle of a large group that's so common on tours booked through a cruise line. Would definitely use them again.

Visited June 2013
Winter Park, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Exactly What We Were Looking For”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This was our first cruise, so we sent the kids off zip-lining and sought a quiet time for ourselves. We were extremely fortunate to choose an excursion with James and even more fortunate to have him all to ourselves that day! He quickly turned a standard tour into one customized just for us. We visited Anthony's Key resort (complete with dolphins and a great gift shop) then went all along the West End beach area to see the shops and local restaurants. We were delighted with Roatan and asked to visit possible hotels/guest houses so we could come back to for a longer vacation than just a cruise stop. James found us some very attractive places (he seems to know everybody in the West End) all the while sharing the history of Roatan. We visited a local zoo, a rum-cake bakery (with the best smells of all!) and then wrapped everything up with a visit to West Bay Beach while we waited for the kids to finish up zip-lining. All in all a lovely day, just what we were looking for, and many thanks to James!

Visited May 2013
Stevensville, Maryland
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Fun time with buggies & snorkeling!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

This review is long overdue, but the rating is still the same! We had a great time on Roatan with Sun Splash Tours. We booked the Snorkel/Dune Buggy combo tour during our visit via cruise ship. Online booking was no problem, the deposit situation was a little hairy since at that time I had to send it Western Union in order for it to be converted to local currency, but I believe that now they are using Pay Pal. Cash was paid for the remainder to the balance the day of the tour. We snorkeled first, which was great, and we were the only 2 people on the boat! The lobsters we saw were huge, and our tour guide (Moody) was fantastic! He would swim in front of us, point things out, brings us things up to look at like urchins, etc. The lobsters would come out to say "Hi!" and let you touch them with your hand extended! The gear was fine for me, my husband has broken his nose a few times, so it's hard to find a mask that fits him well without leaking, but he deals with it if he doesn't bring his own mask. The water was calm, but there was a storm moving in, so the currents changed quickly and the water would get cold! Moody was great in telling us things about the island, what his favorite snorkeling spots are, what he & his family like to do, etc. It was a very personal experience. After our tour we found out that they usually snorkel on the other side of the island, but since we were doing the buggies afterwards, it made more sense logistically to have us snorkel on the same side as the buggies. Moody actually took us from snorkeling to the buggies via boat...so cool. The buggies were a great time, too. Bring an extra change of clothes because you're going to get muddy...like all over muddy. It was really fun taking the jungle trails and seeing the island, and being able to rinse off in the ocean. Also, bring a camera. Our guide did take pictures of us on his phone so we didn't have to take our camera, however a few days after our tour when we were to get our pictures via email, we were told that he had dropped his phone in water and when it was repaired, all the pictures were wiped out. Overall, I would book this tour again, and would definitely request Moody as our snorkel guide!

Visited November 2012