“Best Day Ever”

$55.00*
Roatan Shore Excursion: West Island Tour
Ranked #6 of 20 Tours in Coxen Hole
More attraction details
Owner description: With over a decade of experience, Roatan Sun Splash Tours can assure you, they will get you back to your cruise ship on time! For added assurance, you are protected under their guarantee. Specializing in group bookings and fun family tours, Sun Splash Tours provide an array of adventurous excursions - day charters - and customized private tour packages. Leave the crowds, vendors and traffic behind and enjoy a comfortable worry-free day with on time service, free amenities and more! The team will definitely keep you entertained, so get ready for an adventure to remember - Your fun starts here!
Reviewed May 30, 2013

For and old man this was the best day ever!!! Zip line was so cool and snorkeling was absolutely beautiful with all the fish and the colors of the reef I'll never forget. James and Stephanie took us for fish tacos for lunch that hands down were the best I have ever had. If I could get back to Roatan today the first thing I would do is call Stephanie and James to plan my activities for me.

1  Thank Walt M
JCWoods, Owner at Roatan Sun Splash Tours, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

It was our sincerest delight to take you on a day to remember. We thank you all for your selfless acts of kindness to those in need on Roatan. A week long mission that changed lives. The least we could is have a great day of adventure after all your hard work.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you all again one day, hopefully soon!
James, Steph & the entire Sun Splash Team

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Had a blast with Roatan Sun Splash Tours and met some amazing people with amazing knowledge of the island. Thanks to Stephanie and James, I had a blast snorkeling and flying through the tree tops on zip lines. They knew just where to take us to enjoy both and also their knowledge of food made me not want to leave the island. Excellent trip that I would suggest for anyone!!!

1  Thank William A

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you all again one day, hopefully soon!
James, Steph & the entire Sun Splash Team

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I booked with Roatan Sun Splash Tours for a snorkel/private beach experience while my cruise ship was in port at Roatan. The email booking experience went pretty smoothly. The trip seemed a little expensive to me at $120 but it promised transportation from the port, three snorkel stops (2 hours), a drop at a private beach where an island style lunch with drink would be waiting along with beach loungers and kayaks. Included was snorkel gear, life jackets, bottled water, soft drinks, and snacks. James Woods is the owner/operator of this tour. Deposit via paypal was $50 with the remainder due in cash on the day. Good, detailed instructions followed on how and where to meet them after getting off the ship.

I'm always an early bird, so I wasn't surprised that they weren't there at the meeting place when I arrived. There were a lot of local operators waiting for their customers and several assured me I was at the right spot. James showed up after about 20 minutes, as did two other customers who had booked a different activity. James appeared to not have my reservation noted, asked me what I'd booked, and made a phone call. He was very pleasant and assured me that even without the record of my reservation, he'd be able to accomodate me. Then we waited a long time, perhaps 45 minutes more, for a large group he was expecting that had booked a different activity. After they finally arrived and he got them into a van on their way, James took the three of us by car across the island to meet the snorkel boat. James was great about pointing out areas of the island we drove through with notes about history and local culture.

Arrival at the snorkel boat was a bit disjointed. First we were handed off to one man who gave us the opportunity to use a restroom at a local restaurant. When we came out, he was nowhere to be found so we just wandered back to the dock where the boats were. After another short wait, a different young man came up and took us to a boat, where a kid who couldn't have been older than 10 or so was waiting. We climbed in and took about a 5-10 minute ride out into the ocean. We stopped at a relatively shallow spot in the reef and the young man told us the "pool was open." They had provided us with fins and I had my own mask/snorkel. The young couple with us had never snorkeled in open water before. I'm used to pretty extensive instructions about staying with the guide, what's safe and what's not, defogger spray for masks, etc. but we didn't get any of that. I shared my own defogger with the other couple. I asked if there were flotation devices and was offered the old fashioned kind of life jacket, which isn't great for wearing while snorkeling, but nothing else. The guide got in the water and said to stay close to him. So off we went.

The reef was okay, not great. The water was pretty murky and after a while I asked the guide if he could lead us to a clearer spot. He swam out to a little deeper spot that was a little better and more interesting to look at. I started to feel a little nervous because no one had any kind of flotation device and the guide wasn't paying a lot of attention to us--just diving around and pointing at things. My mask leaked a couple of times and I had nothing to hold on to while fixing it. I've taken many snorkel tours and the guide has always towed a life-saver or other kind of flotation device as a safety measure and to give people something to hold on to in such situations. We got a long way from the boat and into some situations where the water was very shallow and not much space between the coral and the water line, so I finally suggested we get back closer to the boat. Without feeling I could trust my safety to the guide, I really couldn't feel free to enjoy myself fully. We worked our way back to the boat. The young boy was sitting in the boat playing with his phone and I climbed up the ladder by myself while the guide shouted at the boy to get him to pay attention and help people get back in. Once back in the boat, we were offered bottled water and fruit. Total snorkel time may have been about 45 mintues--we headed back toward shore. I had forgotten that I was supposed to have two more snorkel stops for a total of 2 hours, but wouldn't have wanted them with this guide anyway.

We drove toward shore and James met us at the beach, where I was dropped off and the rest of the party headed off for their ATV activity. James showed me the loungers I could use and where the little restaurant was where I could get lunch when I was ready. He introduced me to the woman running the place and asked me if I wanted a kayak. Being by myself, that didn't seem a good idea. I asked if they had any other floaty things like an innertube or kickboard or something, but they didn't. I was the only person at this place because they weren't expecting me due to the missing reservation. So I settled in for an hour or two of lounging under the palm trees and reading. I would have liked to play in the water a bit but the sea grass grew almost right up to the water's edge so I needed some kind of floatation thing to stay up off of it. When I got hungry, I went up to the little kitchen and ordered an island style lunch, which was cooked fresh and tasted fine. James came back and picked me up at the appointed time and drove me through the center of town and showed me how the locals live as we made our way back to the port.

I gave James some feedback about the trip--that it was a little expensive for what I got--even more so now that I'm reminded I was supposed to be able to snorkel in three different spots over two hours. I told him that the snorkel guide wasn't attentive enough to our comfort and safety, and that some beach/water play items at the beach would make it much more fun. He was appreciative of the feedback and followed up with an email saying he's already been acting on it. He has great intentions and wants his customers to be happy. Given the opportunity, I'll book with him again.

JCWoods, Owner at Roatan Sun Splash Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2013

Thank you for your feedback, we apologize for not having you noted on our list, we are happy a quick phone call corrected the situation.
Our snorkel pkg's are Guest's most popular choice, we are surprised you felt it didn't meet your expectation? It is important to clarify a point of confusion - your inquiry was for the "shorter snorkel tour or beach tour". Neither included 3 stops, and was not mentioned or reflected on your reservation confirmation or correspondence? The 3 stops are only for our 1/2 day snorkel tours.
We have implemented some of your suggestions and appreciate your ideas. Our customer satisfaction and comfort is always our number one priority. If you're ever back this way, do let us know, we'll be sure to take you on the snorkel of a lifetime with 3 stops. Take care and we hope to serve you again!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Seven friends and I booked a day in Roatan with Sun Splash and we had a wonderful time. We snorkeled with Moody (an excellent guide, raised on the island and very knowledgeable) and had a great spa experience, getting facials and massages. Three ladies had an island tour with Arnold and they had a very nice time. Thanks, Steph, for helping us with a fun, relaxing day in Paradise!!

JCWoods, General Manager at Roatan Sun Splash Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2013

Spa girls!!! ;) Ladies, you make me smile from ear to ear. First you are outstanding women, and second we cannot thank YOU enough for the amazing and generous contributions you made to our rescue and abandoned animals of the island. You have touched so many people and furry friends here, you have no idea...
We hope you'll be back again when we can take you on a day to remember!
James, Steph & the Entire Sun Splash Team

Reviewed May 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed in West Bay and booked the snorkel and extreme zipline combo through Sun Splash Tours. The tour was scheduled at nine and James picked us up right on time. While snorkeling, we saw roughly 20-30 lobsters and 15 conchs in a protected bay on the east side of the island. My wife was a little nervous about the zipline but really enjoyed the rush. While snorkeling and ziplining were quite enjoyable the real spark was added by James and Steph. They invited us to their house to look at pineapples, but gave us a tour of the whole place while we were there. Their house sits on the top of a hill overlooking dense jungle and beach on either side of the island. The view was nothing short of incredible. James is native to the island but has travelled the world. He gave us a thorough and impressive history of the island. We highly, highly, highly recommend booking with them. Thanks guys for being so warm and inviting!!!

JCWoods, Owner at Roatan Sun Splash Tours, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

It was our pleasure sharing all the natural beauty the island has to offer in the East. It was such a pleasure meeting you both! Next visit calls for a bbq at the house :)
Thanks again for choosing Roatan Sun Splash!