Island Marketing Ltd Roatan Cruise Excursions - Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Roatan Excursions Guide to shore tours for Caribbean cruise ship passengers visiting Roatan. Our Excursions range from snorkeling, Island tours, scuba diving, canopy zipline, fishing and Seaplane adventures
Cary, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“AWESOME TOUR!!!”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

OMG!!! My family and I had SO MUCH FUN on this tour!!!! Daniel was GREAT! So glad we decided to book the tour with him. He was very polite and accommodating. He provided a wealth of knowledge as he took us through the city. In addition, we booked a package that included zip lining and snorkeling. If you are a little adventurous, take the time to do both. You will be happy that you did so.

I would definitely recommend Daniel Johnson as a tour guide, and his company! Hopefully we'll see Daniel again in the future.

1 Thank jaimcb

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Bait & switch, bad customer service”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I found ISLAND MARKETING LTD (CAYMAN)-Roatan Cruise Excursions web site during a search for a good, locally operated snorkel tour while on a cruise ship stop at Roatan. The site offered a tour that was an introductory, 1-tank lesson in scuba for those that had never done it, with a possible opportunity to snorkel thereafter as the more experienced people scuba dived. Price was about $70, if I recall correctly. I clicked the link provided on the page so I could inquire about availability. The web form that opened asked for my contact information, had a space for comments/requests, and asked for a credit card number to hold the reservation. I thought the latter a little unusual, but I was pretty sure I wanted to do the tour if they had an open spot, so I entered the info, typed that I was inquiring about availability, and submitted. A day or so later, I got an email that said in red type across the top: "PLEASE NOTE: This is not a confirmation, it is an availability reply." In the rest of the email, the writer suggested that the introductory scuba lesson activity I had chosen was very limited and that I should really pay $100 for the 2-tank dive: "Please be aware that the one tank discovery dive only offers you the shallow water dive in about 8ft of water and not on the reef. If you book the 2 tank discovery dive you will be able to do your first dive in shallow water and the second tank dive you will get on the boat to get to the reef where you will be diving for about 35ft."

I didn't like the fact that the web site had presented the initial activity I had inquired about as much more interesting and were now trying to sell me something more expensive. Plus, I'm really not that interested in scuba, so I let the email sit while I looked for something else with another operator. After all, the email clearly stated I was not confirmed. I found and booked another activity with a different operator.

Two weeks later, I received an email stating that my reservation had been processed and my credit card had been charged for the $8.75 deposit. I responded, saying I had never confirmed a registration and reminding them that they had not confirmed either, only responded about availability. Long story short, we argued back and forth in several emails. They insist I could not have even accessed the web form that took my CC details without having responded to a confirmation email from them. The $8.75 isn't worth arguing over but I sure won't give my business to, or recommend, a company that presumes without real evidence that the customer was totally in the wrong. Note that even this exchange took place almost two weeks before the intended activity date--plenty of time for the operator to fill the one seat they insisted I'd confirmed. There are too many other good operators in Roatan for anyone to put up this kind of crap.

1 Thank Kaydub08
Prescott Valley, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“ROATAN WILD ON - WILDLIFE TOUR (Island Marketing)”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was so much fun! You have to walk down a hill to get to the "outside" excursion departure points, because Carnival apparently paid for and maintains the port and won't let the locals pick up there. We met our guide, Brenda, and headed off to see Roatan. It is quite lovely and Brenda was very friendly and informative, sharing a lot of history about Honduras, as she drove us around showing us the sites. The excursion fee included entrance to an iguana reserve park as well as a monkey park. Although reptiles aren't my favorite thing, they are all over the place and were truly cool to watch and feed. The BEST part was the monkey park. Getting to be in the cages and play with the Capuchin monkeys was awesome. They are the softest, sweetest, little critters. My kids were in heaven as the monkeys jumped back and forth off of their heads, shoulders, and backs. The babies were even more adorable. Don't forget your camera, but keep it close or the critters will try to take it from you. They have other monkey species and several other animals that you get to see, but not interact with, as well as beautiful macaws and green parrots you do get to hold. We had the option to add a beach stop to this tour, but had already spent a good amount of time on the sand at our other port of call stops, so we opted for shopping instead. Brenda took us to a shopping area with a nice assortment of souvenir items at great prices. She recommended the homegrown cashews, which were so good! We stopped at a cameo factory in Coxen Hole, too, where we got to see the very intricate brooches and other pieces of jewelry being made on site. Overall, a great experience. Well worth the minimal price paid. Thanks, Brenda!

Visited March 2013
2 Thank sortofus
eugene, Or
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best time ever!!”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had a awesome time with Island marketing wild on Roatan tour! I wish we could remember our tour guides name! She was so great!! Our tour was right on time, and the driver kept the van nice and cool the entire trip. They even made a special stop so my 6 year old could use the bathroom. I would highly recommend this company! To our tour guide: We were the family of 3 from Oregon, and you told wonderful stories about your 2 kids and your husband picking potatoes. Thank you for a wonderful day! Truly the best day on our vacation! We hope to be back next year. And I hope you keep up your study!! ;)

1 Thank aprile274
Hood River, Oregon
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Roatan Private tour with Cruise Excursions/Island marketing and Myra”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We booked a private tour with Roatan Cruise Excursions/Island Marketing. Our ship had to end up going to Coxen Hole because of the high winds and they kept in contact so knew where we were going. Mayra was our guide and was waiting for us as we came out the gate. We felt very comfortable with her as she knew so many ppl and couldnt get down 1 street without honking/waving at someone or someone honking/waving at her! :) We enjoy the private tours since we can choose where we want to go and be at our leisure. We also ask the guides to suggest their favorite eating place so we can enjoy the local crusine. We really enjoyed getting to see the island and learn about it from Myra. She was so outgoing, knowledgeable, and personable we would ask for her again if we had the chance! We have used this company before and will do so again if we have the chance!

Visited April 2013