“Private Tour - Wildlife Tour + Mangrove Tunnels”

Island Marketing Ltd Roatan Cruise Excursions - Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Roatan Excursions Guide to shore tours for Caribbean cruise ship passengers visiting Roatan. Our Excursions range from snorkeling, Island tours, scuba diving, canopy zipline, fishing and Seaplane adventures
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Our MOST MEMORABLE port was Roatan, Honduras. We really wanted to interact with animals and also experience the mangrove tunnels, so we decided on an inexpensive private tour with Island Marketing Ltd.

Our email correspondence with Monique was very informative and helpful. She let us know ahead of time that entrance fees are not included in the private tour fee so there were no confusion on the day of our tour.

We arrived via RCC Mariner of the Seas at the Coxen Hole Terminal. I don't remember seeing a sign with the Gate # but just stick to the left until you reach a gate (about 5 mins) and you will see a guide with an Island Marketing sign and they'll take care of you.

Our guide, Daniel (He is EXCELLENT! Ask for him if possible.) took us all over the island and is very knowledgeable and down to earth. We can tell the Roatan community is tightly-knitted because everyone seems to know him, which made us feel very safe throughout our trip.

Our first stop was the Monkey Park - the monkeys were adorable and well-groomed. We were able to feed them and have them jump on us. We also saw macaws, toucans and other animals. If given the chance, we would like to stay there longer so we can play with the monkeys more.

Next, Daniel took us to a local supermarket where we purchased bananas for the iguanas (and coffee for us). We arrived at the Iguana Farm where there were hundreds of iguanas. It was quite a sight when we took the bananas out. If you think monkeys go crazy for bananas, wait til you see the iguanas! We also saw large fish and a barracuda at the Iguana Farm. The man who owns the place is very friendly and you can tell how much he loves his iguanas.

We were dropped off with a canoe operator to take us to see the Mangrove Tunnels. It was a relaxing and scenic boat ride - where you can see colorful villages on stilts. The Mangroves are beautiful and a must-see!

We ended the tour at a secluded resort where we ate lunch (try the fish sticks YUM!). My boyfriend and I walked down to the beach where it was extremely quiet and it was just the two of us. We walked along the shore, where the water was crystal clear and very warm.

We arrived early and were dropped off right where our ship was located.

To sum it up, we had an ABSOLUTELY AMAZING time. We highly recommend Roatan Cruise Excursions with Island Marketing. Thank you Daniel for a wonderful experience! When we come back, we'll be sure to get in touch with you.

2  Thank shesoprecious

Reviewed March 5, 2013

The snorkeling was a joke. they didn't even attempt to go to the shipwreck because they said the water was too murky. Ok, I can understand that, but they took us to another spot that was so choppy nobody stayed in the water. they didn't even look for a calm spot. Then they just dumped us at the beach and left with no indication of what we were supposed to do or how long.
it was a lovely beach though. The tour guide took us on a "nature walk" which consisted of walking a path around the hotel where they had placed a few tame animals. While there, I fell and sprained my ankle badly, the tour guide never even asked me how I was or checked on me. I don't know if things would have been better if the conditions were better, but I don't think I would recommend this excursion. My friends and I weren't too happy with it.

2  Thank linda5162
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The non-ship tours can’t be parked at the parking lot if you’re ship docks at Mahogany Bay. The walk is about 10 minutes uphill, past the last guard post. But coming back to the ship, my driver dropped me off at the parking lot.
I expected more people to be on my Roatan Highlights Island Tour, which I booked with Island Marketing, Ltd. When I got in the cab, Norma, my driver, said she was going to drop me off at a golf course and I’d be with another tour. To make a long story short, I didn’t care to see the Iguana Farm ($5.00 extra) or Monkey Park ($8.00 extra) so I decided to stay with Norma and had her drive me around.
After she went back to the port to pick people up and drop them off at Fantasy Island hotel, she drove around the island giving me my own private tour. It was great. What a beautiful island Roatan is. She stopped where I could take some pictures along the beautiful scenic coastline.
We passed by the large, white-columned ex-mayors home. While it was being built, he supervised every part of the job.
She drove past Blue Ocean Reef Resort where we couldn’t go in. But it’s a swanky place. Google it.
We passed by some small towns on our way to my last stop Bananarama Beach. Norma said I had about 1 ½ hours here. Nice white sand, turquoise water and crowded as heck! I couldn’t find a room to sit and I wanted shade as well. So I decided to head to the bar and nursed their local Barena beer, hear some 3-piece local musicians. 45 minutes later, I went to Norma and said I wanted to go back to the ship. A lot cheaper and better than the ships tour, considering I had the tour to myself.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We found and booked our trip on Tripadvisor and booked through Island Marketing Ltd. we booked two tours with them at two different ports. We are a family of four but combined with about 8 others for our tour. Kids ages were 8 & 10, adults were 40. Others ranged from 22 to 58. We were met by a very nice driver and accompanied by his son who helped with the translation. Fantastic team. Polite and eager to share their knowledge of their country and culture. It was about a 15 minuet drive to the zip lines. I think there were 13 lines to ride. We all had a fantastic time. Guides were friendly and safety oriented. They were good with the kids and very energetic. After we went to the beach where there was a restaurant, and facilities for us to use. We ate beans and rice with freshly made tortillas, on the beach under a cabana while sitting in swings. Very cool. The beach was very pretty and we enjoyed swimming.
On the way back we convinced our driver to stop by a couple of other beaches for us to check out on the West end. Then we stopped at another restaurant recommended by our guides, where all of us on the tour split a couple of local dishes while on a small pier across the street from the restaurant.
I would use island marketing again. Everything was as advertised and we had no problems.

4  Thank Rob H
Reviewed January 13, 2013

What a perfect day! There were only 4 of us on this excursion, which was the "Highlights of Roatan". While our guide, Daniel Johnson, had an itinerary in mind, he took us anywhere else we wanted to go. His family came to Roatan from South Carolina right after the Civil War. He loves his home and it shows. Our shipmates took other non-ship tours, but none were as pleased as we are. He took us to a private beach, unfortunately I don't remember the name of it, but it is one of the older resorts on the island (there is only one road, so you cannot go too far off) You can contact him directly at dandan.johnson@yahoo.com.

The company seems slightly disorganized (no parking arranged for scheduled stops, changed vans). However, the important part is they were right where they said they would be when we got off the ship, and had us back in plenty of time.

3  Thank cantbackup