“Horrible Weather, Wonderful Tour!”
Review of Islander Tours

Islander Tours
Ranked #8 of 18 Tours in Coxen Hole
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Horrible Weather, Wonderful Tour!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

WARNING: Do not waste your money on cruise line excursions!! Juan Carlos is the best! We were on the Norwegian Dawn and read up on this tour company before we left. Juan Carlos met us outside the port with a big red sign and we waited for the rest of our group. We had wanted to snorkel but the weather made it too rough. Instead, Juan Carlos took us on a great tour of the island, stopping at different resorts, restaurants, and scenic views along the way. Despite the fact that it rained most of the day, his guided tour made it worth while (and for the price, it could not be beat!). If we ever come back to Roatan, we will definitely meet up with Juan Carlos again.

Pearl River, LA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Exceptional Tour”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I was on the Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas during the first week in December of 2013. I have never booked an excursion that was not associated with the cruise line. I was very leery doing this. I am so glad that I booked my Roatan excursion with Juan Carlos and Islander Tours. This was an experienced that I will never forget. I was able to see both side of the island, play with the monkeys and saw iguanas. These are things that the normal cruiser would not see. My tour was very personalized and when I asked to stop of see something that caught my attention such as some island dresses Juan Carlos did. I even purchased one on the hill that overlooked cruise ship. Juan Carlos was very professional and was honored to show me his island. I would highly recommend Juan Carlos.

Visited December 2013
Belleville, IL
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Juan Carlos of www.islandertours.com makes your trip memorable and personal!”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

ALL of the positive and kudo giving comments about Juan Carlos and his tour guiding are oh so true and I don't want to sound redundant! We've been to Roatan numerous times, loving it each time and finding it different each time. A highlight of each visit has been taking a full day and traveling the island with Juan Carlos as our guide. Though we've been over the island a lot, a trip with him is a must for us on our next adventure to Roatan in just two weeks!!!

For last year's "tour" we asked him to take us to the Catholic Churches on the island, and covering the island, we stopped at at least 5 Churches which was so interesting and varied. Juan Carlos knew the history of the Churches and we saw so much more along the way! It was like a little pilgrimage! Juan Carlos is so personable that he treats us like family, and he has a good sense of humor, yet is very professional, capable, and relaxed...just what we wanted on our vacation! He is a first class guide who will give a first class tour, without it feeling like "a tour"...with suggestions from him, or designed by the vacationer!!! In January, we'll "design" another adventure for Juan Carlos and the friends coming with my husband and me!

Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Well done”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Juan Carlos tours (Islander Tours) in Roatan did a great job. Good with email, good price. We were there on a cruise ship and arranged a custom tour including some hiking, shopping, and eating. Our driver was Charlie, and he fit it all in and was great. Good directions on finding him at the port.

Cadillac, Michigan
“Best part of our trip”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

Juan Carlos made our stop on our cruise stress free and wonderful. He set up a dive for my husband and after dropping him off took me all over, including zip lines, great photo spots, and to the beach. Juan Carlos is very friendly and professional. I highly recommend his tours and hope to be able to book with him again the next time we are in Honduras..

Visited December 2013