“FANTASTIC DAY”

Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“FANTASTIC DAY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Spent our day with Dario, the best guide ever. After our short walk down the hill we met Dario and were off for a great day. First stop Mayan Eden a wild animal park. With a monkey on my shoulder we walked around looking at other native animals to Honduras. There were just 2 in my party so the treatment was very personal and we were treated very special. This small park is not to be missed. As Dario drove us around we got a history lesson, and he had an answer for all of our questions. I will be back and always book a Christopher Tour.

1 Thank Bonnie R

Kings Mountain, North Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great excursion, great company”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Our day started with our own personal tour guide, Kislin. He was very knowledgeable and very personable. He took us around the island and seemed to know everyone at each place we stopped. We went to the Iguana Farm. Next we went to the Monkey Farm. We then went ziplining over twelve lines and the two guides could not have been any nicer. Kislin took us to a seafood restaurant on the water for lunch and the food was very good . Kislin then took us to the highest point on the island and the view was unbelievable. Prior to our trip, I sent many emails to Alonzo Lanza and he always responded very quickly. I was told there are over 50 tour companies in Roatan. Do not waste your time with the others, just book with Roatan Christopher Tours. Ask for Kislin!

1 Thank bert l
Miami, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“FALSE PROMISES”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

I normally don't write reviews; however, I feel the need to share our experience to save someone else the headache. We were advised that the price for access to the beach was $20 per person. Thereafter, if you wanted to participate in beach activities, there would be an additional fee; no problem. When we booked our reservation, we informed the person on the phone that we wanted to jet ski; she provided us with the cost.

On July 3, 2013, my group of twenty two took the Roatan Beach Tour with Christopher Tours. First, the walk to get to where their busses are parked is approximately a 10-15 minute walk from the port. If you have elderly individuals, infants or small children, the walk could be a bit much for them. Secondly, we arrived at the beach and it wasn't until then that the tour guides informed me that jet skis were not available, because they are not in season; it's the peak of summer time, if this is not the season, when is???? Needless to say, we were not pleased. We then attempted to make the best out of a bad situation and thought we would lay on the beach. We were then informed that to use the beach chairs, there was a $10 fee and a $5 fee for umbrellas.

So, let's do the math here $20 per person for entry to the beach, and $15 per person for a chair and umbrella; $770 for our group to sit on the beach and do nothing; no food or drink is included in this price!!!! We respectfully declined staying at the beach and asked to return to the port and were charged $10 per person for the ride. The cost is not the issue, it's what you received for your money. You're better off doing a different excursion to get the best bang for your buck and to take advantage of the short time you have at this port!!

The tour guides were very polite and explained that it was not their fault. However, I feel that the company should not advertise activities that they do not have available.

Never Again!!!

2 Thank RESSIEG G
Naperville, Illinois
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“what a great day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

We did the island tour. It included a personal guide that took us to popular cites. We went to the iguana farm. It was $8 per person for a small little area, but the kids loved it. We went to the monkey farm also which I highly recommend it was also $8 per person. Got in the cages and played with the monkees. The highlight was definitely the zip line. It was unbelievable. The guide assists you with everything. We then went snorkeling on a truly amazing reef. A rather large reef. We rounded the trip off with an ocean side lunch. The guide was so nice to us and would take us anywhere we wanted to go. It an expensive day, but its worth the money. I would definitely avoid using the cruise line trips. Way too much money gets added on for the cruise line. The cruise line also hinders small children from participating in the shore activites.

Visited May 2013
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“We are glad that we booked with Christopher tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

We came in on the Carnival Dream for the day and had booked this tour several weeks earlier. To start with, you have to walk out of the port and over a hill to meet your driver. This is because the cruise ships don't want outside vendors messing with their ability to make a ton of cash for the same services. I want to tell you upfront that you have nothing to worry about with Christopher tours. Their driver they provided to us was completely professional, punctual, knowledgeable, and laid back with a lot to tell. You can read other reviews and see that their other drivers treat people with the same courtesy that our driver Alonzo did for our party.

My family and I are Geocachers so when we met with Alonzo and discussed what we would like to do for the day, I explained that we wanted to find some of the caches on the island as part of our tour. He had never heard of geocaching but was happy to oblige and interested to learn something new. You can tell that Alonzo loves his island and after spending the day with him, we love his little island as well. We visited some small souvenir stands on top the cliff which was pretty routine but the views from where we were are just spectacular. We also visited the monkey farm which is simply not to be missed. There is not too many times where you will be able to be so up close and personal with so many of these animals. We made a few more caching stops before ending up at West Bay/Tabyana beach. We went parasailing then spent some time in the water before heading back to the cruise pier. I can't say enough good about our experience with this company. We are very likely to go back to Routan again so we can enjoy more of what the island has to offer. This is largely due to the depth of information Alonzo gave us while we were there. He is an asset to his company and his island.

Visited May 2013